Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's some crappy before and after Cel phone pics.
Had stock suspension. Just installed new Tokico HP struts and H&R Springs.

And thanks to Driftmotion for dealing with my stupid ass and still doing a awsome job of getting my Springs.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
looks good.
are your front tires 225/50/16?
maybe mines just lower in the front cuz mine had time to "settle" or whatever they call it.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, their 225/50/16 all around.
That could be it. But im also 1JZ. I dunno if theirs a difference when you have a different motor but same suspension, could be why it looks different to you maybe.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Shit thats low.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shit thats low.
:biggrin:

You should see how low my exhaust is to the ground, I was worried about the drop with a full 3 inch, it should work out though. Just gotta avoid anything thats not perfectly flat.

I'll take some more pics with a soda can next to it for reference.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
that still looks pretty high? i guess they will settle after a few days..

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
for some reason the car still looks kinda high, IMO (compared to my setup that is) What tokico struts are using??

Just for reference here is how my car looks:

I guess a reason could be is that your struts are brand new and haven't settled in. Oh well, great pics nonetheless.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took a little over an hour to remove the old shocks.
Then I spent my time swapping over the dust covers and installing.
So, maybe 3 hours in total.

And hey, new wheels will come soon. I did some front end repairs along with ditching a bent strut so this was needed before replacing the sawblades.

I'm using the Tokico HP (Blues) Struts.
Pics where taken like 1 hour after install with no road test as of then.

Also, I did drive it today. It seems to be a pretty Bouncy ride. Is that to be expected from this setup? I was expecting a stiffer ride.

·
Banned
331 Posts
for some reason the car still looks kinda high, IMO (compared to my setup that is) What tokico struts are using??

Just for reference here is how my car looks:

I guess a reason could be is that your struts are brand new and haven't settled in. Oh well, great pics nonetheless.
Dude! I didnt even notice those were stock painted wheels. That is fricken awesome! I think i am going to do that with a set that i have laying around. I am about to sell my black supra and i was going to put stock wheels back on it for the sale, that would make it look fricken sweet!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
just out of curiosity you didnt happen to put the front springs on the back and the back springs on the front did you?

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just out of curiosity you didnt happen to put the front springs on the back and the back springs on the front did you?
Interesting question. I dont believe so. I had a few people confirm to me which where which. But why do you ask?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts