Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having my car serviced, and they switched it back to sequential tt. i drove with it and i noticed that the boost is not as high as before. at ttc, i can usually hit the range between .9-1.1 bar, but at sequential, i seem to max out at .8 bar. i didnt actually rev up to over 6k rpm, but seems like stock supra powerband maxes at 4k-4.5k rpm anyways.

can the greddy boost gauge be accountable for the difference between sequential and ttc?

i have less than a week to see if the sequential is faulty or normal before i send my car into the shop to be fixed. so please respond asap.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
If your car is stock, than .8 bar (11.6psi) is perfect. I did notice a slight difference between TTC and sequential, I am talking like ".1" difference. Which is not anything to worry about. Sounds like your car is running perfect to me. If you want more boost than get a boost controller.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's some one in here that is having the same problem you might have to get your flux capasitor replaced to :agreed:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...based on the thread t1000 made on the honda si thing... i donno if wat he said is trust worth

·
Very Senior Member
10,057 Posts
There's some one in here that is having the same problem you might have to get your flux capasitor replaced to :agreed:
shut up with the useless posts.

to the original question, it's hard to say from the description.
Having a boost controller, even a manual one, would help a lot. And there may be some difference between the two modes - TTC always seems like more power (at 4K rpm), but only because it all comes on at once. Of course, any problem in the STTS system can hurt it's operation (mine did).

·
Ruff Rydahs
1,744 Posts
i am having my car serviced, and they switched it back to sequential tt. i drove with it and i noticed that the boost is not as high as before. at ttc, i can usually hit the range between .9-1.1 bar, but at sequential, i seem to max out at .8 bar. i didnt actually rev up to over 6k rpm, but seems like stock supra powerband maxes at 4k-4.5k rpm anyways.

can the greddy boost gauge be accountable for the difference between sequential and ttc?

i have less than a week to see if the sequential is faulty or normal before i send my car into the shop to be fixed. so please respond asap.
your sequential system might have a leak on the vsv or hoses.. just stick with the uk ttc :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just did some hard pulls at 2nd gear up to 6k+ rpm, and my boost gauge showed inconsistencies... first time it boosted to .8bar, second time to .5 bar and third didnt get past .1bar. the second and the third run were off the downshift on the freeway from ~30mph, while the first run is from a slow roll.

wonder if there are any explanations for it.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
i just did some hard pulls at 2nd gear up to 6k+ rpm, and my boost gauge showed inconsistencies... first time it boosted to .8bar, second time to .5 bar and third didnt get past .1bar. the second and the third run were off the downshift on the freeway from ~30mph, while the first run is from a slow roll.

wonder if there are any explanations for it.
Well originally you said you were hitting .8bar wich is normal. That is why I told you your car was ok. But now that you state it is only hitting it intermentently, it means you definitely have something wrong with your sequential system. Start checking the EGCV and IACV actuators and vsv's. One of them is going bad. Check the vacuum hoses also, like someone stated earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts