Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple quick questions. First what are the stock turbos boost set at, and if the car has the average mods, exhast, intake, BOV, etc, what can you turn the boost up to be without hurting the engine. I'm looking at purchasing one and I use to have a 92 Typhoon and that was a bad engine to be running a lot of boost through. The other ? has nothing to do with this. How do you guys get pictures under your name or under your messages when you type them. I tried to upload a pic into the sig part of the edit page. I could be stupid and doing it totally wrong. Thanks guys.

Adam

F

·
0 Posts
I Eat 8's said:
I have a couple quick questions. First what are the stock turbos boost set at, and if the car has the average mods, exhast, intake, BOV, etc, what can you turn the boost up to be without hurting the engine. I'm looking at purchasing one and I use to have a 92 Typhoon and that was a bad engine to be running a lot of boost through. The other ? has nothing to do with this. How do you guys get pictures under your name or under your messages when you type them. I tried to upload a pic into the sig part of the edit page. I could be stupid and doing it totally wrong. Thanks guys.

Adam
stock boost 11psi.
BPU - you can run as much as boost you want, under 1.7bar on racegas to be safe, your more worried about blowing the turbo's because i think they can only handle like 26.7psi, but the motor can take a beat like a $2 whore. Pictures under your name, look at the bottom you'll see something that says " you may post repllies vb codes is on" click the vb codes link, and it will tell you how to.

Fefe Bag
hope that helped.

B

·
0 Posts
I heard of guy hitting 27 #'s on stock twins, he actaully has picture of his apex peak hold monitor showing this to be true. That is really useless because you are past the effieciency level of the stock twins. I believe effieciency is @ 22#'s.

I know for a fact andi barichi has made 475 rwhp on stock twins using race gas and being tuned like a Muther Focker.

It's all in the tuning guys... Just doing the bolt ons is good for a while, then you gotta start taking it to the next level.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
But, wouldn't it be too much? From another thread, people said that running over 18psi will give you high temputure exhuast gas and possibly damage the stock twins.

Can anyone give me more details? I will soon have the BPU setup. I want to know how much psi I should run once I have the BPU completed.

Any input??

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts