Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93.5 Supta TT....I have a hose with a bleeder t between the front actuator(hose runs from top rod, capped on bottom) and the rear actuator(down behind #2 turbo and fire wall). The lower and middle actuators are wired open (TTC). All vsv's were removed. The car boosts between 16-19psi w/o boost controller ( I am in the process of installing one). I am guessing that the bleeder is the reason for the higher boost levels. Now I am by no means a motor head, so could someone explain why this works?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am continuosly amazed that people will do stuff to their cars get a result and have no idea what they did or eventualy why it broke. It boggles the mine. There are 2 vsv t mods one will blow off pressure to the waste gate so that it delays closing and give you higer boost. you must have a bcc or you would not see the higher boost past fuel cut. the other mod is similar but works on turbo 2 and is a sure fire way of burning it out. It sounds like you have number 1 get ambc or ebc and you can control how much boost you get other wise you will spike past 20+| and burn number 2 out. check out mkiv.com tech pages

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this car has been a puzzle to me since i bought it, trying to piece together how it was modded. I spent all of last night up until now hooking up the missing hoses and vsv's. Now, since the lower actuator rod is broken off and the upper actuator is disabled internally, I left the car in TTC mode, and just ran all of the other lines exactly as mapped out on mkiv.com, with the addition of an electronic boost controller. Thanks for the help, at least now I have a boost controller set up that is by the book, and not by mickey mouse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts