Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well.. got a chance to dyno my car... I was hoping to break 400, but was just shy :(... Need to rent some dyno time and tune it.. its pretty decent now, but still can use some minor tweaking to get more power..

my mods are
stock twins
ttc w/ valves removed
18psi
aem
fmic & 2.5" hard pipes
3" exhaust

I did 394/389

Its pretty rich building boost.. but still got 18 psi by 3700-3800 rpm..

Boost fell off up top, I dont remember to what exactly, I think ~16 psi iirc.. will look later.. Maybe I should do the spring mod..

A video of me on the dyno
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a59f8bd3-27ce-4739-9df3-991f00f6ae79.htm

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Just noticed that you have a 91, guessing with a 2jz gte transplant...so are they US spec twin or the ceramic equivalents?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea.. us twins, cams and injectors.. through a r154 5spd..

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
hmmmm does seem a little low. I can't believe you went with an aem at bpu are you planning to go single? I want aem it's just damn expensive. That's boost falling off could be part of your problem as well. If it held 18psi you would be over 400.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Boost fell off up top, I dont remember to what exactly, I think ~16 psi iirc.. will look later.. Maybe I should do the spring mod..
YES!! They definately need the spring. When they were in my car, they did the exact same thing: 18psi, then down to 16/17psi. I think the gate spring is just a touch on the weak side.

After I did the spring mod, I could set the boost anywhere I wanted below 23.5psi and they would hold rock solid. Obviously I didn't go that high all the time since it doesn't do much after 21psi, and anything above 18psi is rough on them. I will say this, esp since you're on AEM:
Spring the gate, go get some 110oct, set your AFR's and let it rip. You won't regret it. :)

Glad to see the turbos are working out for you.
Mike

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm does seem a little low. I can't believe you went with an aem at bpu are you planning to go single? I want aem it's just damn expensive. That's boost falling off could be part of your problem as well. If it held 18psi you would be over 400.
yea I need to dyno tune it and dial in the timing.. planning to go single eventually.. I was going to put my t67 on it, but decided not to, rock the twins for now and finish the rest of the car (paint, interior, big brakes, etc).. I had the aem when I had my single 1jz.. just trasnfered it over to the 2j car :)..

haha yea twins are working good :)

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
yea I need to dyno tune it and dial in the timing.. planning to go single eventually.. I was going to put my t67 on it, but decided not to, rock the twins for now and finish the rest of the car (paint, interior, big brakes, etc).. I had the aem when I had my single 1jz.. just trasnfered it over to the 2j car :)..

haha yea twins are working good :)
Oh ok I gotcha well that's that not big of a deal. Most people don't go out and get aem for twins and BPU. I've got to get aem and a fuel system in the next few months.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
hey guys, link to the spring mod... I've just saw the T bleeder mod, been driving my aristo... Need more power already... Just learning twin stuff since I never had to deal with the Vsv bs nor the twins I dont know anything about them ;)

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
hey guys, link to the spring mod... I've just saw the T bleeder mod, been driving my aristo... Need more power already... Just learning twin stuff since I never had to deal with the Vsv bs nor the twins I dont know anything about them ;)
I've heard some bad things about the T bleeder mod. I would go with just a manual boost controller if you could. Seems to be more reliable.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
yeah I have a MBC i made ball and spring that I used on my volvo that i just ripped out.

trying to figure out why there is 2 nipples on the stock twin turbos actuators...

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
awesome car! awesome results, 400++ is right around the corner!

~scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts