Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went to KCIR last night again and this time before going to the track I took my bottle out of the car at a friends house just so everyone would be sure that I was not running nitrous. It is a good thing that I took the bottle out because the tech guy that teched in my car thought that he was an NHRA tech and looked for everything that might be wrong. I do not have my bottle mounted and I do not have a blow down tube, so I know that if I had my bottle in the car he would not of let me run. Some of the people at the track are like this but not very many.
Anyway, I waited for the car to cool off for a while and then proceeded to run the car. While I was in line to run I showed everyone that there was not a bottle in the car so no one could accuse me of running nitrous this time. Well here is my run:

R/T = .784
60' = 1.632
330' = .000
1/8 = 7.244
MPH = 96.89
1000' = 9.411
1/4 = 11.234
MPH = 124.80

V

·
0 Posts
Tony's 11.2 run

One more witness to the backing up of the original 11.2 time - I was at the track Friday night, October 5 - and watched/video-taped the episode - no NOS, no bottle in the car (saved him a few pounds) and he did what he came to do.
The black wingless wonder made it happen - nice run Tony.

Spencer

B

·
0 Posts
I dont think the ET you went is what people are calling BS on, its the 126mph w/o NOS. I think its great that you did the 11.2 with the bottle out of the car but you were 2mph short of backing up that 126......

D

·
0 Posts
Why would 126 mph be hard to believe when he just ran 124.8??? Get a clue! The difference in just over 1mph could easily be weather related (barometric pressure). I was there and witnessed it, along with at least 4 other Supra owners. The bottle was definitely out (along with the spare tire). And anyone thinking our track is downhill or something, KCIR consistently runs two tenths slower than tracks in Texas and other places, at least in the summer time (also, it's at 920ft elevation).

Dan

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brad Mayo said:
I dont think the ET you went is what people are calling BS on, its the 126mph w/o NOS. I think its great that you did the 11.2 with the bottle out of the car but you were 2mph short of backing up that 126......
Oh... OK, I guess that when I go back to the track 1 week and 2 days later and run 1.4MPH SLOWER then I must have just been lying about the other run and it must have just been wrong.
I am not sure why you make it sound like it was 2MPH either...even if you round the number off (if you learned how to do this in grade school) it would round to 1MPH not 2MPH. To be exact it was 1.4MPH Slower just in case you have a calculator issue with your computer.
I am sure that I will probably put down the 126 again but it does not really matter if I do or not just as long as it is really close...just like my mph was on my backed up run.

YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME that if I would have said 125MPH a week ago you would have said "THATS BELIEVABLE"... but since I said 126MPH you said..."NOOOOO WAAAAAY, YOU ARE A LIAR"..........................YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE DUDE AND QUIT TRYING TO DEFEND YOUR POOR ACCUSATIONS THAT I DID NOT RUN THE MPH THAT I DID. I know that I ran the MPH on the run and I even have a video of it. My webpage will include the timeslip on it before the night is over. It will also include the video and timeslip of the run last Friday.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good run! I am selling my 6spd, cause I couldn't get consistant launches out of her. The only way to do that was by slipping the clutch, and I dont like slipping the clutch cause its too expensive to replace. I am getting an auto and hopefully be able to launch a lot better, more consistantly. You must be a damn good driver to run an e.t. like that. Brad Mayo is just jealous, there is no need for u to even explain anything to him, it'll be a waste of time. He is blinded by his envy.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
redbpu said:
Good run! I am selling my 6spd, cause I couldn't get consistant launches out of her. The only way to do that was by slipping the clutch, and I dont like slipping the clutch cause its too expensive to replace. I am getting an auto and hopefully be able to launch a lot better, more consistantly. You must be a damn good driver to run an e.t. like that. Brad Mayo is just jealous, there is no need for u to even explain anything to him, it'll be a waste of time. He is blinded by his envy.
I am just now to the point where I can go to the line and be pretty confident that I will have a very good launch. I am going to have to re-learn the car though with the 2-step...I have not had any experience with this product. BTW...I don't really "slip" the clutch...I just pretty much drop it...maybe just a tiny "slip" but not much to speak of.

B

·
0 Posts
Dude, I just find it hard to believe that the stock twins can flow enough air to run around 500rwhp thats all. Maybe some time I'll come out there and see you make some passes and I'll say "damn, i'm sorry I guess the twins will do that". So for now, good job, you are sure as hell driving the piss out of the car.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
0 Posts
Brad,

Did you ever know someone who bought just a regular car off the showroom floor, but because he flogged the living crap out of it from the day he pulled off the lot, the thing just plain ran faster than everyone else's? We used to joke about that as "breaking in a car properly". I had an MR2 like that. Started abusing it within about 100 miles on the clock. It outran every other MR2 and most of the old cross-fire Camaros and the H.O. TransAms back in the day. I guess I just broke it in right.

I think that's what Tony did. He bought that TT with less than 20,000 miles on the clock and IMMEDIATELY went BPU + 100 shot of NOS and sprayed the snot out of it. I think he was actually running closer to 125 shot at one point. I have just tried to convince myself that by beating the daylights out of those turbos with 22+ psi of boost AND NOS, that somehow his car is just got used to the abuse at an early age. It's not normal how strong that car is. Even off the bottle, it's just a monster. Not to mention the fact that I think he had to take out a second mortgage on his house to pay for all the dyno tuning time for it. That sumbitch is tuned to the last of the last percentage of fuel.

As a final point, Wingless Tony is often referred to locally as "THE MACHINE". I don't think it is humanly possible to shift a manual transmission faster than he can. He's just not human. It's actually painful to ride in the car with him when he's racing.

All that being said, he's still a weenie and can't beat my car. Plus his car is always dirty and his engine bay is a complete disgrace. :p But it really does run consistent low 11's, no bottle, every time he's at the track.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
I just wanted to give my congrats to ya Tony....no doubt that is impressive . I gave ya hard time at beiginning....due to mainly fact of mph....but going by your back up times...i am very very impressed!!! that 60' is incredible. Just wanted to stress no hard feelings at all in the disbelief......just very very impressive times. And also....last nite i went to track and pretty much proved to myself, and will help prove your car as well, that it is definitely a doable time...i will make a post on here in a few and you can see what i am talking about. .... Once again...congrats..and keep posted of any new times or mph you hit off bottle. Must be all in the name Tony.......:)
later
Tony

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
I just wanted to give my congrats to ya Tony....no doubt that is impressive . I gave ya hard time at beiginning....due to mainly fact of mph....but going by your back up times...i am very very impressed!!! that 60' is incredible. Just wanted to stress no hard feelings at all in the disbelief......just very very impressive times. And also....last nite i went to track and pretty much proved to myself, and will help prove your car as well, that it is definitely a doable time...i will make a post on here in a few and you can see what i am talking about. .... Once again...congrats..and keep posted of any new times or mph you hit off bottle. Must be all in the name Tony.......:)
later
Tony
Tony,

I saw you make one pass a few Fridays ago and then I didn't see you run again. What happened? Anyway your trap speed on that one pass was very impressive considering the E.T. So what did you run last night?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silver Bullet said:
later
Tony
No hard feelings here.

Once Mark from Suprastore gets my 2-step to me I will go back to the track and hope to hit a 11.0 or 11.1 or something like that...I will let you know how it does. I called him and he said that he will definately have it to me before next Friday which is track day.

Congrats on your new time!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is the funniest god damned thing I have ever heard. "Wingless" Tony was called, basically, a liar and now "sorry, Tony...no hard feelings, ok"?? Shit.....I love that you had to eat your words....maybe you shouldn't open your mouth until you are a 100% positive about a subject.
This will only gain you this and this will only gain you that.....guess you weren't that knowledgable after all, were you?
BTW, you have to be making 500+ rwhp to run those #'s, right??????? Sweet revenge...ROFLMFAO!

Scuba Steve
97' Supra

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
183 cubes said:
That is the funniest god damned thing I have ever heard. "Wingless" Tony was called, basically, a liar and now "sorry, Tony...no hard feelings, ok"?? Shit.....I love that you had to eat your words....maybe you shouldn't open your mouth until you are a 100% positive about a subject.
This will only gain you this and this will only gain you that.....guess you weren't that knowledgable after all, were you?
BTW, you have to be making 500+ rwhp to run those #'s, right??????? Sweet revenge...ROFLMFAO!

Scuba Steve
97' Supra

Relax tough guy... This guy came out of no where running these times. Untill now 126 mph on stock twins was unheard of.

By the way congrats to you Tony on your 11.2 runs!:)

Matt

1 - 20 of 77 Posts