Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there blown. i have to look at my options.

either i replace them for $500 plus labor, i dont really want to do but might have to, due to tight budget.

or i buy the sp61gt budget kit for $2500 plus labor which i really want to do but is almost too expensive for me.

as for the labor, i think i can do it myself, but im at a point where i would rahter just pay someone who has first hand experience and who is confident that they can do 100% turbo swaps.

-so in other words, who is experienced with stock twin removal and is down to do a stock twin removal and sp61gt budget kit install for me with my help and the tools i have available, 100% install up and running fine? ill start it off that im willing to pay $100 or more

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
i can help you out any time, i've done a shit load of work on honda acuras.... i have a supra of my own and i've turbo'd a is300

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
TRD94JZA80TT said:

either i replace them for $500 plus labor, i dont really want to do but might have to, due to tight budget.

or i buy the sp61gt budget kit for $2500 plus labor which i really want to do but is almost too expensive for me.

as for the labor, i think i can do it myself, but im at a point where i would rahter just pay someone who has first hand experience and who is confident that they can do 100% turbo swaps.

-so in other words, who is experienced with stock twin removal and is down to do a stock twin removal and sp61gt budget kit install for me with my help and the tools i have available, 100% install up and running fine? ill start it off that im willing to pay $100 or more
That sucks man. Contact Ryan (turboracer) and ask him about his PHR setup.

G

·
TRD94JZA80TT said:

do it yourself, take the time and do it, because whenever something does go wrong, you'll be able to fix it yourself, get to know your car.

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,003 Posts
HKSLooney said:
my turbo is retarded ? but not really blown yet
after i lean off the gas and hear the bov. i hear this strange Owl sound
that owl sound is probably the infamous death whine.

trd,

$2500 for a brand new sp61gt budget kit ? if so, from where?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
before they blew, i was getting that owl sound here and there when slowly boosting sometimes and letting off. now its just a loud owl sound all the time with no boost.

i might do it myself, but im willing to pay someone who has done it themselves to at least guide me through and help me resolve any problems i might get into, like tricky bolts, etc. and the fact that i can not find that link that has a great stocktwin removal write up with pictures is now gone and no where to be found, i have less confidence.

its around $2600 shipped from www.soundperformance.com

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill take your guys offers into consideration, i first need to get the money for the actual kit. i need to make a bank loan, hopefully i can get the money and the parts in before june. thanks

·
1,003 Posts
TRD94JZA80TT said:
before they blew, i was getting that owl sound here and there when slowly boosting sometimes and letting off. now its just a loud owl sound all the time with no boost.

i might do it myself, but im willing to pay someone who has done it themselves to at least guide me through and help me resolve any problems i might get into, like tricky bolts, etc. and the fact that i can not find that link that has a great stocktwin removal write up with pictures is now gone and no where to be found, i have less confidence.

im too lazy to look right now, but that website brought me to a video, sound, and lighting website lol.

im in the same exact boat as you trd, but being broke my car has been sitting for almost half a year now :(

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
TRD94JZA80TT said:

It's www.sound-performance.com. You might want to check out Horsepowerfreaks.com too. Talk to Chris B. and he'll answer all your questions, even if you don't buy from him.

·
Old School Socal Member
364 Posts
TRD94JZA80TT said:

Well you know we can do it here for you. You know how to get a hold of us.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
If you're looking to replace just the stock turbos, LMK, I got a friend in Okinawa right now digging around for parts.

·
1,003 Posts
im not sure if the jdm stockers will work properly with ours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts