Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm straight full BPU right now, and I plan to stay with the stock twins for awhile...

What will I benefit from if I weld a HKS SSBOV to my hardpipe kit or just install an aftermarket BOV... it seems the stock one is doing just fine!?

I can't think of the "right" next mod for 500 bucks. Should I goto BPU+ or BPU++ next or what

supraron [94tt6sp]

·
Registered
103 Posts
BOV = cool sound (2much money for cool sound)

Why not a cam gear for $1xx and couple of hours of installation??? That's what I would do, already did(but first went with the cool sound BOV) ;)

Dimitri

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
what hp are you looking for the bov is not really needed like said but if you are going to get one the hks supra kit works great ,i installed one just incase to besafe since i have a boost controler and all and didnt want to take the chance of the stock one giving out on me !

·
Registered
658 Posts
you really don't need it except to be cool for fun I did the twin stock bov mod that Mohad designed from mkiv.com that makes a ummh nosie instead of pshft and is relativly cheap. why not re cover the seats or a trd steering wheel or a front spoiler?

N

·
0 Posts
some say the stock bov can't relieve all the pressure once you are above 16psi, that's why moh'd recommends the dual stock bov. it's your call, if you don't hear compressor surge or rarely boost over 16psi, don't worry about it.

do you have a fuel controller? what about saving up for a front mount, if you don't have one already? springs, struts? there's endless possiblities. Personally, I'm not a big fan of cam gears, imo, they're a waste of money.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
NOVAsupra said:
some say the stock bov can't relieve all the pressure once you are above 16psi, that's why moh'd recommends the dual stock bov. it's your call, if you don't hear compressor surge or rarely boost over 16psi, don't worry about it.

do you have a fuel controller? what about saving up for a front mount, if you don't have one already? springs, struts? there's endless possiblities. Personally, I'm not a big fan of cam gears, imo, they're a waste of money.
I am with NOVA on this one. A fuel controller is a very good bag for the buck mod. It does have to be properly tuned though. I did the cam gear thing and they froze up on my. I cant move the screws to adjust them!! I guess they look good though...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts