Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dusty,

Right now my supra is setup with a regular HKS intake but I'm looking to switch to something else.

My car has a VPC so I was wondering if the HKS intake pipe and the Max air system would work together.

I know the max air system says, "This is the complete system for Supras without any kind of aftermarket intake system". But will that work the the HKS intake pipe thats for cars without a MAF?

HKS intake pipe

Max Air Complete

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
The Max Air system is made for a 3" intake.

The HKS pipe you have pictured flares to a 4" opening.

You can use the HKS intake pipe and the Max Air box. However you will need to cut a larger hole in the box, and then figure out what kind of intake to use.

It can certainly be done but will require a little more than just bolting it all together.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Dusty & Dave
Actually you dont have to. Only the "flare" at the end of the pipe is 4", he will have to put the Max Air on the intake pipe, then put it on the car. Also, the SMF Max Air will not work. You will have to either get the "universal" version, or modify the SMF one for fitment....been there, done that...LOL

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
While your way works Jason, its not the only way. You can use the entire HKS pipe, modify the Max Air box (the universal or the K&N one or the HKS one), and put a 4" intake on it.

Both ways work fine, personal preference I guess!

Dusty

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
V8 Killer said:
While your way works Jason, its not the only way. You can use the entire HKS pipe, modify the Max Air box (the universal or the K&N one or the HKS one), and put a 4" intake on it.

Both ways work fine, personal preference I guess!

Dusty
:scratch: .....thats what I said, my wording was just a little off :bigthumb:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for posting this Dave, going to grab one of these frmo Dusty also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts