Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright first off, I would like to introduce myself...
I have a 7M and was thinking about putting on the stock 2jz turbo's... of course with a lot of fab work and such... I have a couple questions about the twins..

1. I have been reading about the TTC/Seq and they come stock as sequencial right?

2. Is seq controlled by the computer? If so, if I were to put these on my 7m I would probably have to convert to TTC, is this correct?

3, Now, I read somewhere that a small single would probably spool faster than the TTC mod; so then would it be worse for me, considering that I start out with a single?

4. I was wondering with sequencial @ about what RPM each turbo spools?

5. @ 18 psi on the stock twins; does that mean each turbo is running @ 18 psi or each is running @ 9 psi totalling 18 psi?

I was thinking of doing this because it would be much cheaper for me to go this route then the one I had planned... I have found an awesome deal so don't just suggest I get an sp63 or whatever... I don't want power for only 2k RPM's and I don't have the funds to build a motor so I figure this would put me in the 400 HP range and would be pretty unique.

If there is a place where I can read all of this; by all means point me but I couldn't seem to find it searching.

Thanks!
~Disced

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump... No one knows any of the answers?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
well........... here goes.

question 1. yes it is seq from the factory.

question 2. yes you would likely have to run in ttc. Its control by valves that open at a preset time and pressure. Its very complicated.

question 3. There are alot of small singles that have awesome spool up in the TTC range or a little better. 57 61 63 mm

question 4. The first turbo is always online and the other turbo comes on at about 3800 if i remember right.

question 5. each turbo is not running 18psi. They both are working together to make 18psi.

Goto MKIV.com there are more anwsers there.

Oh yeah its a big waste of time.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Hua said:
My answer is, don't waste your time putting on stockers and put a tiny single on there.
:)

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answers. You all jump towards going single but my budget doesn't fit 2k for a turbo kit...... This seemed like a cheap alternative to a turbo kit and would yield me a reliable 400 HP; but I since I can't run SEQ I don't think I will be doing it.... I need as little lag as possible since I redline @ 6700...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts