Supra Forums banner

3061 - 3080 of 3085 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
So a minor correction which isn't a issue on casting but afterwards machining. They forgot to add the 2 holes for the bolt studs that hold the snorkel. Isn't an issue JDM as they do not have a snorkel. This being said, I have decided to send off the proto to be dyno tested on a supra who has the GT28's and has dyno's using his OEM manifold. So now, at least for GT28's , I can see the HP gains with this manifold.

So production will be completed 3-6 weeks and I have now decided to cast 20 units. I have a few PMs on people wanting one and a few people who have emailed me over he years. So I will have enough to satisfy orders I think. So send me a PM if you want one and I also now have 10 EBV pipes in stock.

·
Registered
327 Posts
PM’d! I’m in, can’t wait!!!!

So a minor correction which isn't a issue on casting but afterwards machining. They forgot to add the 2 holes for the bolt studs that hold the snorkel. Isn't an issue JDM as they do not have a snorkel. This being said, I have decided to send off the proto to be dyno tested on a supra who has the GT28's and has dyno's using his OEM manifold. So now, at least for GT28's , I can see the HP gains with this manifold.

So production will be completed 3-6 weeks and I have now decided to cast 20 units. I have a few PMs on people wanting one and a few people who have emailed me over he years. So I will have enough to satisfy orders I think. So send me a PM if you want one and I also now have 10 EBV pipes in stock.

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
is the snorkel even an issue? dont you need the euro scoop to even utilize it?
Cant say why but all TT USDM Supras have snorkels. Theory was to keep #5 and #6 cooler. Whether this was designed this way at the getgo or they decided to add it later? Anyways, it is there but whether people use them or not I need to make sure the mounts are there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd like to see the results of BPU with these new exhaust manifolds and the larger EVB tube. I assume the stock twins would efficiently boost 19+ psi with more torque and possibly closer to the 500rwhp mark for a truly low-buck street sleeper. That's what I am looking for.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
stu can probably give more info but for stock twins i dont believe its the manifold thats the limit, its the turbos themselves. you can push them to 19+ on a bpu car but you'll be past their efficiency.
maybe youll pick up some spool? but still wouldnt be worth the investment with out the gt28s.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Interestingly, I have been working on maximizing timing using methanol injection and been comparing notes with fellow STU hybrid twins vs my BPU Supra. So far it has been shown that bpu on stock twins simply cannot reach full 23 degree timing with 97 octane and meth/water on just 18 psi! Hybrid twins at 93 and meth/water up to 21 psi can still achieve 23 degree timing. While many factors are in play, altitude, obd 1/2 ecu, I am basically spraying quite a bit more at bpu vs hybrid twins and getting less timing at less psi. It goes to show how much more efficient the hybrid twins are

·
Registered
416 Posts
Stu,
Please put me down for one... I've been watching this thread and have been quietly anticipating the release of your manifold. Let me know when and how to pay. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. just stumbled upon this page and have lots of reading to do! got my hands on rhd NA and planning on going to 2j vvti jdm motor. verious curious on going twin turbo especially living in CA

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
Update: I now have a past GT28 owner in Portland that is doing a complete step by step installation on the manifold. Checking tolerances, fitments, and issue as he goes along. He is near done and has come back with some solid info that I have already made CAD changes for. Next is the dyno to see the gains against his previous OEM manifold dyno. This being said, another delay here. With the amount I have invested, I sure as shit am not going to start shipping this out unless I am 100% positive there wont be any issues. I may even wait after he is all done and maybe driven a bit. I cannot wait for him to do a drag run because the season is over. He has been extremely consistent running mid 10's (Auto) and his goal is to get to a 9.99 or better! However I personally don't think this is achievable but...One issue was the front hole for USDM mounting that he had to re-drill for. It will be fixed before we cast them. But it fits great now.

580 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
3,411 Posts
Glad to see this is still progressing ! My CC is burning to be used for this !!! :)

B

3061 - 3080 of 3085 Posts