Supra Forums banner

3121 - 3140 of 3149 Posts
455 Posts
What fuel is this result?[/QUOTE]

Ignite Red race gas. It was reading 84% ethanol at the time of the run. Can vary depending on the batch, but I’ve seen it read up to 86% in my car.

·
Banned
11 Posts
What fuel is this result?
Ignite Red race gas. It was reading 84% ethanol at the time of the run. Can vary depending on the batch, but I’ve seen it read up to 86% in my car.
[/QUOTE]
guys, I'm from Russia, and the results on racing gas are irrelevant for a street. I'm interested in the results on gasoline from a gas station without ethanol.

·
Blue Thunder
3,487 Posts
guys, I'm from Russia, and the results on racing gas are irrelevant for a street. I'm interested in the results on gasoline from a gas station without ethanol.
[/QUOTE]

IRRELEVANT ?!? Dude, we run race gas, ethanol, and spray on these streets !!! LOL
Look back a few pages. The results u ask for are there.

B

·
Banned
11 Posts
for many, these results are not possible to achieve, do not sell racing gas at gas stations, in your country it is, we do not, leaded gasoline 95-98 octane, your equivalent 91-93. you don’t laugh much, maybe it’s not strong in your slang and some words and my sentences may look strange.

·
Registered
462 Posts
for many, these results are not possible to achieve, do not sell racing gas at gas stations, in your country it is, we do not, leaded gasoline 95-98 octane, your equivalent 91-93. you don’t laugh much, maybe it’s not strong in your slang and some words and my sentences may look strange.
You just have to go back about 5 pages to see the results. Maybe this link will help if you are on an android?

·
Blue Thunder
3,487 Posts
@Stu Hagen ,

Since SFS is closed down, where can we get the kit from now? Can we get the manifold from you and get the rest someplace else?

Please and thanks,

B

·
Banned
11 Posts
how does sequentall work when installing GT28? on the original turbines, the rear actuator does not regulate the boost but serves for the prespool.

·
Blue Thunder
3,487 Posts
how does sequentall work when installing GT28? on the original turbines, the rear actuator does not regulate the boost but serves for the prespool.
The sequential system works the same. That's the point. Go read the thread. All your questions have been answered !!!

·
Blue Thunder
3,487 Posts
If you go back to page 155, I asked the same question. Stu sells the turbos and THUK kit.
I was already looking ! thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Brian, I meant no disrespect to your effects with my post regarding the comparison time slips and apologize if the post read that way. I was just curious to know if running in sequential mode could be a difference in picking up time half track. Either way, your car achievements is highly regarded in my books.

Obviously there are some differences between the 2 cars so to answer your questions about the "Aussie" supra
Munro stage 4 high flow twins, E85, stock bottom end, Kelford cams 272/264 arp2000 head studs mildly ported head, ProEFI 128, stage 2 MV Automatics A340 gearbox with 4K converter. Full weighted car.

Before the ported head, made 420hp with consistent 10.1 run times on bone stock tranny with coolers from what i can gather
With ported head and upgraded tranny, made 513 hp and cracked the 9.9 sec 1/4.
Went back for more boost, made 530 or something horsepower, runs 9.9 fairly consistently with best of 9.676. Unclear of boost levels but around 27psi.

Anyway, Happy days and look forward to further progress updates.

·
Stock Twins King
4,439 Posts
455 Posts
Stu they warned me more than a few times but sometimes they were cool and did not say anything. I finally got kicked after a 10.5 run even though I had to let off since I blew off my hot side intercooler pipe.

BTW with that last run, the tech told me to apply for my NHRA license. So if I want to run 9’s now, I have to apply for my NHRA license.

Also ghe tech told me I need a net, upgraded 3 layer fire jacket, pants, gloves... the rules say I need to upgrade a whole lotta more shit on the car. So not sure how strict they will be on all of it.

So plan is I’m gonna do the above and maybe apply for a license soon... but that requires 6 test passes approved by the NHRA official, and paperwork setting it up with the NHRA. So at my next track visit if I don’t have the license I was gonna run on lower settings and only run highest setting last run, or if I want to risk getting booted again.

455 Posts
Hey Brian, I meant no disrespect to your effects with my post regarding the comparison time slips and apologize if the post read that way. I was just curious to know if running in sequential mode could be a difference in picking up time half track. Either way, your car achievements is highly regarded in my books.

Obviously there are some differences between the 2 cars so to answer your questions about the "Aussie" supra
Munro stage 4 high flow twins, E85, stock bottom end, Kelford cams 272/264 arp2000 head studs mildly ported head, ProEFI 128, stage 2 MV Automatics A340 gearbox with 4K converter. Full weighted car.

Before the ported head, made 420hp with consistent 10.1 run times on bone stock tranny with coolers from what i can gather
With ported head and upgraded tranny, made 513 hp and cracked the 9.9 sec 1/4.
Went back for more boost, made 530 or something horsepower, runs 9.9 fairly consistently with best of 9.676. Unclear of boost levels but around 27psi.

Anyway, Happy days and look forward to further progress updates.
Raamo appreciate you sharing this on the Aussie car. No disrespect was taken. Sounds like both cars are very similar aside from the Munro turbos vs the Stu GT28r turbos in mine, and he has a ported head. Although mine does not have a ported head, it does have some porting to the exhaust y pipe, and has a 4 inch down pipe.

Do you know the spec difference for the Munro Turbos vs the GT28R?

At full kill setting 5, I was at 29 lbs boost, at 615 whp with same transmission and same 4K stall. Different Dyno numbers cold be just that... different Dynos... assuming his was not a DynoJet.

So not sure if there is much difference other than he has a ported head. That is my best guess but since we are talking about tenths of a second difference in our elapsed times, this is just guessing. Actual difference could Also be due to different track and air conditions, air temps, altitude, slight incline at Fontana track per my GPS. I was told Fontanna is not considered a fast track. Only way to compare 100% accurate, would be to run on same track, same day.

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff! This is cool to see on 2 different similar stock twin housing setups, although not exact same, with very close times.

·
Stock Twins King
4,439 Posts
Stu they warned me more than a few times but sometimes they were cool and did not say anything. I finally got kicked after a 10.5 run even though I had to let off since I blew off my hot side intercooler pipe.

BTW with that last run, the tech told me to apply for my NHRA license. So if I want to run 9’s now, I have to apply for my NHRA license.

Also ghe tech told me I need a net, upgraded 3 layer fire jacket, pants, gloves... the rules say I need to upgrade a whole lotta more shit on the car. So not sure how strict they will be on all of it.

So plan is I’m gonna do the above and maybe apply for a license soon... but that requires 6 test passes approved by the NHRA official, and paperwork setting it up with the NHRA. So at my next track visit if I don’t have the license I was gonna run on lower settings and only run highest setting last run, or if I want to risk getting booted again.

Rules get way more difficult once you get into the 9's like you state. Even 10's can cost a lot. Doing a 10.99 or less can be overlooked, but if you go over 135pmh they will get pissed lol. I made many passes 11.2 - 11.5 and didn't get booted. All I would have needed was a roll cage...and I am not going there ever.

11.49 seconds (7.35 1/8th)
SFI 1.1 or 1.2 Flywheel / Clutch SFI 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 or 9.1 Flywheel shield SFI 3.2A/1 approved jacket 6 point roll bar SFI approved seat belts

10.99 seconds (6.99 1/8th) or Super Street
SFI 4.1 Transmission Shield, or at 135 mph Locking transmission dipstick tube Aftermarket axles and axle retainers SFI Harmonic Balancer Roll Cage with altered floor pans, or 135 mph - Window net required Ignition cut-off on all bikes / snowmobiles that exceed 135 mph

9.99 seconds (6.39 1/8th) or Super Gas or 135 mph
NHRA Chassis Certification NHRA Competition License SFI jacket & pants 3.2A/5 SFI neck collar & gloves 3.3/1 SFI 29.1 flexplate / 30.1 flexplate shield (AT equipped cars) Full Face Helmet meeting Snell or SFI specifications

455 Posts
Stu, not gonna lie, it was a whole lotta money, time and labor to do the roll cage; but now being able to run 9’s or sub 10.99 times without being booted, and being safe, it was worth it to me.

Bottom line is, at these speeds you need the cage to be safe. Even going that fast on the street without a cage is risky. Now I can hit the track and still drive it home ha ha. ;) It was a tuff decision for me to cage my Supra, but I had it fabbed and installed by the best, Whitfield Fabrication, and I put all the trims back in and it came out really clean in the end.

Would love to show you the new setup at the the PacW Nationals. You gonna be there I presume? We need to meet again, since last time was SIV2016!

3121 - 3140 of 3149 Posts