Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 3085 Posts

·
2,024 Posts
Interesting. I like the sequential setup myself. This would be a good upgrade if I go that route. Currently I am BPU running 20PSI max on the auto trans.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If that is him I kindly ask a mod. to get him out of what may soon be a very good thread. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,201 Posts
If that is him I kindly ask a mod. to get him out of what may soon be a very good thread. Thanks.
I would bet my mortage it's him. Same MO. Lots of one and two-word posts, 20 or more coming one right after the other fairly late in the evening, all in an effort to get to 200 posts ASAP so he can begin scamming anew. There's a new thread on him in the Buyer/Seller subforum started by Ranger but he (Ranger) is not moving fast enough, IMO. Okay, I'll stay on topic, now.

Ken.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes please stick to topic and boot out any posts that do not move along the information flow. I will delete my "homer simpson" post.

Consider me down for the upgrade when ever it gets opened up to group buys. I already may have a twin turbo set to throw into the upgrade mill. The reason I say "may" is because it is a turbo set where the compressors are marked CT20. I found this may be a euro or jdm turbo set. everything else looks like the CT12 twins.

Keep it going guys, I highly appreciative.

·
Blue Thunder
3,411 Posts
I'm in !!! Credit card waiting !!! How much for your Hybrids Stu ? And what
supporting mods would I need ? Warranty or are you still in R&D stages ?
I'm BPU and an auto BTW.

Brian

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There are 2 different hybrids being talked about in this thread. Stu's hybrids, and the GT28RS hybrids...just to clarify...

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Anyway, if you're interested in pursuing this drop me a PM and if you already have drawings for the fabricated manifold, we can make casting drawings from that.

Maybe somebody here might even have brilliant ideas on optimizing this casting, such as angling the ports to match the head port angles (which as you know are not straight shots out) or adding brackets for other stuff ...this kind of thing would barely add cost, if any at all.
If you guys need drawings, I would gladly help. I'm currently working as a MCAD Support Engineer, I have the tools to produce 3D Models, engineering drawings, Finite Element Analysis, etc.

Get in contact with Nick, he knows how to get a hold of me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very interesting stuff guys, a UK member is currently trying a similar experiment with variable vane turbos.

Just to clarify guys as this is something I have certainly been looking at lately over the single route as I love the sequential setup, I take it the J-spec manifold will need a different set of flanges, and will the j-spec turbo's be compatible with the new internals mentioned in this thread? Also how will the stock map cope with the power hike....will and emanage be sufficient with this setup or is it worth going AEM, motec etc?

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Very interesting stuff guys, a UK member is currently trying a similar experiment with variable vane turbos...

I would love to hear more about this, any links to a discussion about it?

Since they would also be a "stock twins replacement/upgrade", it seems like the application of variable vane turbo/s to the 2JZGTE might also fit into this thread but if the OP's would rather keep that subject elsewhere it's up to them.

Once the variable vane stuff is developed and applied successfully, to me it seems like it would give a great alternative to sequential setups ...though I'm not sure how the costs would compare since VVT are probably still quite expensive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would love to hear more about this, any links to a discussion about it?

Since they would also be a "stock twins replacement/upgrade", it seems like the application of variable vane turbo/s to the 2JZGTE might also fit into this thread but if the OP's would rather keep that subject elsewhere it's up to them.

Once the variable vane stuff is developed and applied successfully, to me it seems like it would give a great alternative to sequential setups ...though I'm not sure how the costs would compare since VVT are probably still quite expensive.
Still early stages Nick but will create another post once its up and running :) if he pulls it off, it will be awesome

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Here are pics of my gt28r dual ball bearing upgraded turbos, I sent these to Stu a while back, I don't know if he remembers. I just haven't had time to install them :/

There are also pics of an adjustable Skyline GTR wastegate

·
Blue Thunder
3,411 Posts
^^^ C'mon man !!!!! Let's get those puppies on !!!!

B

ps:throw them on the TERCEL :D!!!!

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
There are 2 different hybrids being talked about in this thread. Stu's hybrids, and the GT28RS hybrids...just to clarify...
The GT28RS don't fit it's the GT28R hybrid project we are discussing for the most part. The GT28RS simply have too many plumbing and other issues. Stu has more specifics on this but IIRC he already tried this right after he and Aaron300 (sic) finished the first successful milder hybrids.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Whatever...my point was there are 2 different hydrids (Stu's and Brian's) that were being discussed in this thread...So anyone inquiring as to how much needs to specify which hydrid they are talking about...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm also just in the process of finishing up my install of the Stu turbo's. So far so good I'm just having some issues with my VPC that I just installed so I'll keep everyone updated on how the rest of my install goes.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Whatever...my point was there are 2 different hydrids (Stu's and Brian's) that were being discussed in this thread...So anyone inquiring as to how much needs to specify which hydrid they are talking about...
And my point is that you are attempting to clarify and in the process are muddling things up a little as well so take your whatever somewhere else not THIS THREAD. The turbo model is very relevant. Your point is as well. It was my understanding both of these are "Stu's" upgrades? And what does my name have to do with it :)

Brian

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I'm also just in the process of finishing up my install of the Stu turbo's. So far so good I'm just having some issues with my VPC that I just installed so I'll keep everyone updated on how the rest of my install goes.
What is going on with the VPC? How long did the install take. Any hurdles you weren't expecting? Thanks.

Brian

21 - 40 of 3085 Posts