Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off the plastic cover, and am about to drill, any hints before i do this? Any help would be appreciated as I want this to be done right the first time. BTW, my car came wingless and is a 93.5 if that makes a difference.
thanks

jim

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
I also boght my car wingless!!!
Look after the "welding" on the back, my bodyshop lokated the stock holes in like 1min.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A body shop? Pffft! Waste of money. Find another Supra owner that is willing to take off their wing to copy the measurements. Drill the holes then put a sealer around the the hole to prevent rust. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i've looked for these "stock holes" and I can't find them, my hatch looks just like the one on mkiv's stripped interior pics. Can someone circle where the stock holes are and host or email a pic? thanks a lot for your help. I would let a body shop do it, but all of the ones i go to are giving me like a 2 week wait, and i'm impatiant lol. thanks for the help in advance.

jim

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/stripped_Interior/int_0003.JPG

·
5,059 Posts
haha!

VINZE said:
A body shop? Pffft! Waste of money. Find another Supra owner that is willing to take off their wing to copy the measurements. Drill the holes then put a sealer around the the hole to prevent rust. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After two hours, and a lot of measuring/drilling, the wing is on. Not too difficult with a little time and careful planning.

jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
How does the factory stock wing come? Is it primered or a particular color? What is the cost, if you don't mind? I have a wingless 94 Alpine Silver. Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I posted in the wanted section asking for an anthracite wing so I wouldn't have to go through the time and effort of color matching with a paint shop. About a week later i got a response and picked the wing up for $150. You can probably pick one up off of the for sale section for around $100ish, though it may not be your color. I personally would ask around for a used Alpine wing, ya might get lucky. If you need help with the install let me know.

jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks 1jzsupra20, that's a great idea. Probably be a much better paint match to find a Alpine Silver wing about the same age as my car paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts