Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know your success or horror stories with the experiences of replacing your stock twins with used ones. i dont want to hear about how you blew them and how hard replacing them was...i want to hear how does it drive and feel, %100 or not, do they seem to last, are they slugish or stronger, do you have confidence in them, or are there always little problems, and if its worth buying used stockers if you cant afford a budget single because it costs too much, emmissions, tickets, etc.

i have a feeling my stockers will blow sometime, and at my status, i can only afford used stock twins. and if i ever were to get a sp budget kit or something like it, it would be my daily driver and i live in so. california. dont want to deal with my auto tranny, emmissions, and cops. i just wish i can get 500hp on stock twins for ever, without eventually blowing them, but of course thats not possible. thanks in advance for your time

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the "just replaced under warranty" tip, never thought about that. how much did you pay for the labor and the used stockers? i know its a very expensive price, but how much does the stock twins go for, new, from toyota again?

i bought a warranty somehow, which covers the turbos. so when i go to toyota to get them replaced, all i have to do before that is put everything back to stock? is there anyway they can find out it has been modified?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.