Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Damn - have you reported this to the cops yet? That's bullshit.

Never ever sell a car without a cashiers check - and never let them drive off with it until it's been deposited in your account.

I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Don't worry, I live near asheville, and a RSP supra will draw so much attention in asheville its not even worth driving if you stole it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I thought that it was a cashier's check. I uh... feel like a dumbass... I fell for the oldest scam in the book. But yeah... thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
What exactly can the cops do in that case. All you can really do is report it to insurance as a stolen vehicle right? Then u get 23 for the thing if you shwo them your bill of sale with the scammer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brown Duckz said:
Why in the hell did you post this in every single region forum?
I did that so i can make sure that everyone that posts in the regions will see it.. not everyone looks at all of the diff regions... calm down bro... i'm the one that should be pissed here... my damn car got stolen here! asshat!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have reported it to the insurance... and they are going to try and see if they can find the car... i'd might as well try and help them out with finding my car! and if i cant find my car, then yes i am certain that insurance will help pay

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Everybody please keep a lookout for Phillip's car. He's a great guy and definately doesn't deserve this. Good luck Phil, I'll keep my eye out. What is your VIN #. Have you tried doing a carfax yet? I can get one done for you for free. Let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the VIN is JT2DD82A2V0037755... I am going to do a Carfax tomorrow. I am also going to contact the DMV to see if they can do anything... atleast like flag the VIN or something like that. Thanks for helping me out

Phillip

·
regretfully supraless
1,331 Posts
Give the police your VIN, they can track it though that...damn man I'm sorry...:(

·
Banned
612 Posts
damn that sucks.. Cash or cashiers check are the only way to go.. Even then its a little scary! I sold a car on the corner on Roosevelt Blvd in PHilly one Sunday night to some Jamican dudes. They gave me $4500 in cash (new hundreds when they first came out) Had no clue what the new bill looked like. I gave them the title and crossed my fingers. Turns out they were legit but I didnt get much sleep that night.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Brown Duckz said:
Why in the hell did you post this in every single region forum?
If someone stole my car, I would be posting it on every region, general and off-topic forum here as well as any other site on the net. Good luck man, I had a fucking thief!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. That REALLY SUCKS. Pisses me off just thinking someone would do that.

Post up some pics and I will send them to some cop friends I have.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
That's awful....and that's my old car! Always get photocopies of drivers licences and insurance cards when making a private sale. I hope you get it back. Will the insurance company pay you $23,000 based on your sale? That would be a great deal because you probably wouldn't have gotten that in the open market. So it may end up working out better for you. Good luck.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Thats definately his supra. Phil, buy the car using a different ebay name, no matter what the price, get his address, go to his house with the cops and take his ass to jail.

:urowned:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts