Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i would, but he has already sold the car, atleast i believe so, off of yahoo auctions... so... yeah...

·
Registered
555 Posts
wow this guy is very daring.

·
Big Member
570 Posts
damn the guy even posted it with the correct vin# on ebay. what a jackass. also noticed how he only accepts cash or cashiers checks only. sorry to hear about that man, but it should work out better for you. i'll keep an eye out in atlanta. i would at least contact ebay and maybe they can get some info about him

·
Unchained
633 Posts
What you need to do:

Contact ebay
Contact yahoo auction
Contact any other site you have found it listed
Contact your local police
Contact Knoxville, TN police
Contact the buyer

Police can get his info from ebay, DMV. Contact the buyer and inform then that they are receiving stolen property. If they continue with the purchase it makes them guilty of a crime also. It's not too late. He's trying to unload it fast. Once the title is transfered to someone else the trail may go cold if he has the same fake (most likely stolen ID) name on the title. Hell, title may not even be in his name, just signed over to the new buyer. You have to move quick.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just some thoughts:

Look into the fake check: Who issued it? What is the serial#? Can they trace who sold it to him off of the serial#? If they can locate the branch, chances are we have video of the thief....

Dust the check for fingerprints/DNA. Dust the pen with which he signed the check for prints. How much fuel did he have in the tank when he left? Ask the cops in the area to check gas station footage. Maybe he stopped to refuel?

Sorry, just read the second half of this thread. If he sold it on ebay than you've got him. Just have the cops look into the info of buyer/seller. Start from there.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
I WILL NOT SHIP THE CAR, LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY TYPE OF CASHIER CHECKS EITHER CASH ONLY. I HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND SO IT WILL BE A FAST TRANSACTION.
If someone goes to buy the car and pays this guy $15,000 cash dollars bills, then they probably deserve to be scammed. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever pay cash for something like this. You can never get back cash once it is gone.

You should really push your insurance co. to pay up, because you really don't want that car back now. No telling how bad he is treating it and you don't want a car back with hidden motor problems you can't see.

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
I'm sorry about your situation. I remember when I was trying to sell a couple cars last year I would have people send me cashiers checks for more than the car was worth and then they'd tell me that I could keep the difference and just have the car shipped over to them. Of course, on I think 3 occasions I waited for the cashiers check to clear and they were all fake. It pissed me off b/c these people pulling these scams must of thought I was an idiot and would of sent the car(s) over without waiting for the check to clear first. I've had this happen to a couple friends too. I've learned my lesson, always wait for the shit to clear.

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Why don't just trace him down put a fucken shotgun to his face and that should solve everything! Sometimes you just gotta get down and dirty!

·
HNIC!!!
135 Posts
Phillip i really hope that you get your $$$ for this car...either way i hope that justice is served and this jackass goes to jail

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, any updates? Damn I can't believe there are people out there like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
no updates as of now... i am still waiting to see if the car will surface... i have to do a lot of paperwork for insurance... its just a waiting game right now

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
If the new owner is unaware of the car being stolen then when he registers it they will find it. Youll get the car back but the thief just made an easy $16,000

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
This sucks Phil, hope you get your money or car back. When you find them they can get the ol' Gordon Freeman crowbar to the skull.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mad TKD said:
What you need to do is contact the FBI. He is committing fraud via the internet. I am sure they could help !!!
Maybe I am missing something here excuse me if I am ,but If someone can contact this guy to buy the car he is advertiseing why can't the cops/FBI or your insurance bust this P.O.S? :dunno:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Mack Ash said:
Maybe I am missing something here excuse me if I am ,but If someone can contact this guy to buy the car he is advertiseing why can't the cops/FBI or your insurance bust this P.O.S? :dunno:
I'm wondering the same...

·
!black
4,625 Posts
If you have not done so already:

File a police report for a stolen vehicle. This person has commited many counts of fraud and grand theft auto. The VIN will be flagged as stolen. Since the car seems to be hoovering around the NC area, the NC authorities need to be notified too.

Also, make sure your insurance company is aware that the car is stolen, and that you will seek a totaled compensation for market value on an RSP 97. If your vehicle is stolen, you have the right to total it right then and there. Theft recoveries sometimes get branded titles and histories. Find what the replacement value (not book) is for a 97 RSP NA and negotiate from there. do NOT accept any form of "book" replacement value.

I would send out the alert to every forum you can. Let the police know that the person(s) responsible are trying to sell it via open internet auction. They may want to setup a sting operation or bait them into a deal.

Been there, done that. It's frustrating I know, but just try to keep a level head. If you need help, drop me a PM. I'm local, and I know about these things. Plus, my family consists of a few HP offers and a member of SLED ;)

James

21 - 40 of 96 Posts