Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
^All i know is that he picked up his 240 about 2 weeks ago.

phil, updates?

·
HNIC!!!
135 Posts
So Phil got a new car? If so cool...hopefully they still get the a$$hole who did this to him!!!!

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Is RB the skyline motor? If so it's not.

I could be wrong but I think it's the SR20DET. Silvia, right?

Who knows I'm not into that engine swap garbage like you are James. ;)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I take it he settled with insurance then. Any ideal how much they gave him for it?

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
Is RB the skyline motor? If so it's not.

I could be wrong but I think it's the SR20DET. Silvia, right?

Who knows I'm not into that engine swap garbage like you are James. ;)
Yeah, SR20's are the 2.0L silvia turbo motors. They drop right in. An RB25DET (isngle turbo 2.5L 6) will fit, but needs some mods to do so.

Bah, I'm done with motor swaps. At this point, if it doesn't have 10/12 cylinders, I want nothing to do with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
phil told me that the car is somewhere in northern GA and that the police have it right now but he cant get it because the insurance company is still working on it. but yes phil has a 97 240sx with a S13 Blacktop SR20 now w/ full 3 inch exhaust, Greddy IC, e-Manage, AVC-R.... the best part is that it has a VCR... yes a VCR and a Playstation 1, that way he can watch his dubbed tapes from blockbuster and bust out some Tony Hawk Pro Skater :p

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Phil, did I pass you today around 10 in Mauldin near that Mayonnaise plant? lol..I don't know what it is? I just remember passing a black 240 that sounded like a loud farting noise.

Haha...

Kyle

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Kyle, tell me you didn't get walked by a integra type R the other day (white)...

One of my new co-workers was talking about some white mk3 he killed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
phils is a dark green... the black one that sounds like a turd is tyler i think... he payed something like 10k for that thing.... i dont know what he was thinking.

ill post a pic on my site in a minute so you can all look :)

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
I haven't raced anyone but my GF's Supra in a long time. Does the white integra guy live in Simpsonville? If so, I have seen him around but I'v never raced him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
alright everyone! um... i have a '97 240sx se with a sr20det... it has the stock t25 turbo... though i am about to rebuild the hks gt 2530 ball bearing and put that one on... here is a link to the ebay auction... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4544358462&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 ... its NICE!! i love it... going to change the suspension on it and get it set up for drifting! =D getting coilovers soon... will have a stop tech big brake kit... also i have injectors, fuel rail, and fuel press. regulator on the way... will get it dyno tuned soon at batlground... have already have a guy come up and wanted to get pics of it to put it in a mag... so going to do some work to it and then get it in...

now about the supra...
it is in GA at the sherriff's office... i was told that the cop has to do some more legal work so i can get my car back... the guy is not caught... apparently he had retitled the car, or did something like that... and so when he sold it the people thought that it was ok... they tried to register it and it came up as a stolen vehicle and the cops got it from them... i have no idea what is happening to that person... i hope they don't get f'ed over too bad... they didnt really do anything... now its a waiting game to see if we can't find the asshole who stole the car... and i get to wait to get my car back... my insurance company is going to get the car checked out and if anything is wrong with it they are going to fix it... then i am going to have to try and re-sell the car... im not sure whats going to happen with the title... i want to thank everyone for their help with this... i have really appreciated it!!

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
good luck on the waiting. I think everybody is glad the car is back. Where did the car end up at, i mean where he sold the car to the peoples?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
i have no idea where it was sold... all that i know is that it is in.. uh... townscounty GA... yeah i know sounds like a hickville!! oh well.. well uh... yeah!

phillip

61 - 80 of 96 Posts