Supra Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
harteyboysupra said:
now about the supra...
it is in GA at the sherriff's office... i was told that the cop has to do some more legal work so i can get my car back... the guy is not caught... apparently he had retitled the car, or did something like that... and so when he sold it the people thought that it was ok... they tried to register it and it came up as a stolen vehicle and the cops got it from them... i have no idea what is happening to that person... i hope they don't get f'ed over too bad... they didnt really do anything... now its a waiting game to see if we can't find the asshole who stole the car... and i get to wait to get my car back... my insurance company is going to get the car checked out and if anything is wrong with it they are going to fix it... then i am going to have to try and re-sell the car... im not sure whats going to happen with the title... i want to thank everyone for their help with this... i have really appreciated it!!
They should have totaled the vehicle. If it was stolen, and now re-tiled, then it's got an odd-ball history that will make it difficult to sell. Also, it will be flagged in the state of south carolina with a theft recovery brand.

You DO NOT have to accept the vehicle back. Push for a total, and full market value (NOT BOOK) on a 97 RSP supra. If they give you shit, tell them you wish to move forward for 3rd party arbitration and subrogation. Then the fun begins :)

·
HNIC!!!
135 Posts
definitely glad to see that the car was found and that you have a new ride there phil...the 240 looks awesome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Wow that sucks for the people who bought it. when digital tripod sold his car it was stolen and sold again , which is where i bought it. and since He got paid by insurance before it was all over i got the car under the good faith law... but I guess each case is diffrent

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Phil your new car looks pretty awesome. I wouldn't drift it though! Drifting is for ricers and you may end up wrecking it by accident!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Glad they found your Supra! I hope they catch the bastard that did this... Also, please don't drift that car -- it's too clean!! If your mind is set on drifting, find one that's already beat up a bit... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Dachande! hahaha drifting is for ricers?? how come you were drifting that one day then?!? damn ricer! =D I am going to get the car set up suspension wise to drift... and i might end up drifting it... prob not though... i'm afraid of hurting it... i was thinking of trying to find an ae86 to drift =p i find drifting a hell of a lot more fun then drag racing =) well anywho... we'll see what happens with the car and all of that... well... everyone have a good one!

Phillip

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
how come you were drifting that one day then?!?
No pictures, didn't happen :biggrin:

Ya, I'd just cruise around in it for a while. You don't want to accidentally mess it up in any way. Hasn't that Ryan guy totalled a Supra and mr2 so far from drifting? My point exactly! :bigthumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
actually no... he didnt total either car from drifting!! the supra he sold... and the mr2 he wrecked going around a turn because the tire blew on him... he was going like 50 around the turn he normally goes like 80 around... but yeah... neither one was due to drifting... well he did "wreck" the supra drifting... but it didnt total it... so yeah! hah! smart ass!

phillip

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, they actually found out. What's the condition?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
the 240 has a decent suspension on it because we went up paris mountain last night and at one point he was in the middle of 4th.... i hate that place since i was in a wreck up there in an RX-7

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I can own Paris Mountain, my ex gf lived up there I know the roads front and back :)

Anyone wanna race from one side to the other? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
hey xenon! i know a guy with an ae86 (stock motor at that) who will whoop you at paris mtn!! from what i hear he did it in 4 and a half minutes (one side to the other) in a ford focus! in a damn fuckus! happy chinese newyear!

phillip

·
Registered
45 Posts
paris mtn owns...during the day...stay away from it at night, i almost wrecked my corrado up there from somebody cough steve cough being too close to me and blinding me lol

81 - 96 of 96 Posts