Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

I am posting this in all of the regional sections. I'm just trying to get the word out! Don't get mad at me!

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
Man, that sucks bad. Ill keep my eyes open for ya. Good luck man. That took alot of risk taking a chaek like that for that much. I woulda made sure it cleared first before handing over the keys or asked for a money order or something. Anyways, sorry to hear.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Thats why you should always only take certified funds..............and or wait for the personal check to clear............sorry about that though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know... i really did think that it was a cashier's check... i fell for the oldest scam in the book... but thanks for looking out for me!

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
<- In Chicago, so i'll keep an eye out... What kind of other body modifications or problems did it have?

Did you sign the title over to him? If not, you can call the police and tell them your car is stolen.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
well cant you call the police and track down the vin number of where he gets plates for it?
that is if it doesnt get stripped down.

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
You should list what types of mods you had on the car, so that if someone local is selling all these parts that match to your car, then we can pinpoint who it is...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the car was stock... except it had alpine door speakers, alpine cd player... and a k and n intake... if you would like pics send me an email at [email protected] .. i have not been able to talk to the cops yet because i am out of town... i will on monday

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a strong feeling that the car is in Kentucky. Or the areas around kentucky. Due to some leads that i have found. Please keep a strong look out around here. Thanks for your help guys.

Phillip

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it also might be around Tenn. I have a gut feeling its around Kentucky... but the ebay auction said local sells for around Tenn... so yeah =D thanks for the help guys

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
I am from northern Kentucky, and there is only one RSP Supra around here. I see him every once and a while. He's had it for a long time, but if someone else is ever driving a RSP Supra, I'll try and help you out.

Good luck,
Brian

·
Registered
907 Posts
Shit man sorry to hear that. Hopefully it comes back to you. If I see another RSP in STL I'll let ya know. :)

-Mike

·
02 RSX Type-S Turbo
18 Posts
Josh M said:
Thats why you should always only take certified funds..............and or wait for the personal check to clear............sorry about that though
certified checks and stuff arent always good...i was going to sell my rsx type-s and some guy sent me a certified check for 23000 and we called the bank and it was no good.....so i would always make sure you get the money(cash) in your hand before turning over the keys

1 - 20 of 25 Posts