Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

I am posting this in all of the regional sections. I'm just trying to get the word out! Don't get mad at me!

·
Registered
967 Posts
not only license plate, but VIN number. Unless they change the VIN number from another car to yours, they cant register it.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
did you take a personal check?!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I sold a car once and the person paid with a check and I called the bank right there in front of them and had the check verified for the amount of the check and also if the account was in good standing and even then I got their drvers liscence and even had them give me another form of i.d. that sucks. lesson learned and at costly amount!!!

·
i lift trucks
1,204 Posts
makes no sense why you'd hand over your car without verifying anything of his but either way....good luck getting your car back.

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
642 Posts
Im sure everyone will keep there eyes open for this RSP 97 NA, I know I wil. You should never let your car go without the check clearing. But what is done is done. Good luck and hope all gets better.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Everybody keep their eyes peeled, Phillip doesn't deserve this. Lets find this SOB.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
What were you thinking accepting that check.... Hopefully you called the DMV right away.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts