Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

I am posting this in all of the regional sections. I'm just trying to get the word out! Don't get mad at me!

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
i hope you find it.

I don't think it will make it as far as here, but if it does then it'll be found, just about every supra around here is known to the community and it would stick out like a nun in a bar.

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
I presume the cheque was not certified. I wouldn't accept anything less than direct transfer or certified cheque that can be cashed in with the second party present at the bank.

Good luck, hope it turns out ok for you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't think he's gonna through all the gay paperwork and take the chance of getting caught while moving the car to canada but nonetheless sorry for your less and hopefully you find him and/or the car! good luck dude

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I doubt it'll show up in Canada but I'll keep an eye out. There are no or very few RSP's in Canada so it would stick out like Hayabusa at a Harley meet.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for looking out for the car guys... im very doubtful that the car will end up in canada as well... but i'd might as well get the word out... yes im an idiot and i made a mistake... damn fucking costly mistake... but hey... lesson learned...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your car was on ebay from that guy, like I posted in your for sale section thread

·
Registered
678 Posts
There are ways for guys like these to get them to Canada. Just check out all the shady Kingsway dealerships. Where the heck they get some of these no accident low mileage cars and selling it for cheaper than market price. I'll definately keep an eye out for you. Sorry to hear nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
is your insurance covering this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Best luck getting you Supra back. I doubt he would bring it up here, but if he did, the canadian supra community would catch it in a second. Cheers

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
SuprAng said:
is your insurance covering this?

That's what I sort of thought.

Get new set of reg paper or insurance papers whatever you need, and claim it as a stolen car, you'll get everything back.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i claimed it as a stolen car to the insurance company.. and we are going to try and find the car... but if not, i believe that they are going to pay... not sure how much though, but any is better then loosing it all

·
Registered
323 Posts
theres a gorgeous rsp one out here....2 hours out of my city of winnipeg, some old guy's owned it for who knows how long........very rare car....im like one of the only ones to have one in winnipeg, a Supra TT in general.....so I'll keep my eye out in my city.....we have an insane car scene out here so you never know.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Sorry to hear man, but like the others said, he will eventually be caught if he hangs around the North with an RSP MKIV.

Why are some people such scum bags?

Are the police doing anything in this matter?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts