Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

I am posting this in all of the regional sections. I'm just trying to get the word out! Don't get mad at me!

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
That really sucks. Was this a forged certified check?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
harteyboysupra said:
I belive that it was a forged check. I'm not positive.
I don't understand why you wouldn't know if if was a regular check or a cashiers check but no matter I really feel for you. Somebody will find him and then stretch him up by his you know whats...

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
there are many ways how the check could have been deemed worthless...he could have:

canceled the check if it was personal or cashiers, by placing a stop pay or saying
he lost it some shit like that.

or he could have stolen a blank cashiers check

or stole a check and washed out the name of who it was to.

these are all possibilities, sure sucks though hope you are able to get to the bottom of this.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
damn man that sucks. hope you get it all squared away soon. did you call the cops?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
going to call the cops on monday.. i am currently out of town and i dont have all of the info with me... but i am going to call them as soon as i can... well i have never had a cashiers check before... and he told me that it was a cashiers check... so i didn't know what one would look like... but i have been told like 50 times already that i was a dumbass for taking that check... anywho... i now know what one would look like... =/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts