Supra Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yes a blast from the past

ppl probably lay off ebay now.....because its so much safer and better that facebook market place.

with ebay you choose who to buy from. the same item can be bought from a bad seller or a good seller.. same exact item can have no return policy or be purchased from a seller who offers 30-60 day return policy etc

honestly, ebay is setup to favor the buyer. Ive been on there since 2001

As a seller, we get a very short end of the stick. Why ? first its the fees. 30% off the top. ebay makes you think they are fair with their 10% base fee...but then there is "promoted listing" fees (have to do this to beat other sellers to the top of the page). then its paypal fees, shipping service fees, boxes packing material and tape. dont forget your ebay store monthly fee. I could go on... in 2018 I sold 35k of gross sales on ebay. All used car parts. shipped around 1,000 orders that year. I had this dream of becoming an online salvage yard. anyway after my wife (who also happens to be a cpa) and I analyzed the books it turned out the effort and profit from $35,000 gross sales, my god I was working for $10 an hour. it was not scalable. The customer always burns you. if they don't the shipping service will burn you with damage / loss / delays.

dont get me wrong I still sell on ebay but now I dont mess around trying to make a living off it or force things.

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
498 Posts
I agree with you on eBay, would rather not sell there.
Unfortunately there aren't many other alternatives that get as many eyes on your item as that platform.
Worldwide also, not just states.

Wish there was an alternative place to sell, eBay and PayPal fees are out of hand.
Some low dollar items aren't even with listing or worth the time as you said..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts