Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
im at the point of actually ordering an exhaust now. i have three questions i need answered first and some of them i think you can answer for me.
1) How much will an average install cost? (cant lift the car myself to do it))

2)Will it hurt my gas mileage?((my air filter cost me ~2mpg due to change in shifting patten((auto)) will it go down anymore from this?

3) Can you store the stock exhaust and possibly put it back on later. after all i believe its stainless and if my HkS drager im gonna get rusts out in some years i wanna be able to put this one back on? how should i store it? can i even store it?

ADDED QUESTION
4) guys i lied i have 4 questions. who's dealt with suprastore? any luck with them? they have good prices but i dont know about their reliability.

thanks in advance
Bob

·
5,059 Posts
1) I paid $725 for my exhaust with installation so I'm not sure what just installation would be, it took the guys about 30 minutes.
2) I haven't noticed any decrease in gas mileage.
3) I stored my exhaust in my basement, also the stock exhaust isn't all stainless.
4) I hear really bad things about suprastore.com takes them forever to ship anything.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
exhaust

I paid $435 installed for the Apexi N1 exhaust, but thats at hook-up price, i haven't noticed any decrease in gas mileage at all. peace

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
1) shouldnt be too much i wouldnt think

2)My MPG has stayed the same

3) depends, im assuming the HKS needs to be welded on? My TRD used all the stock hangers/ bolt pattern. Assuming the new exhaust doesnt remove or alter any of the stock pieces and you can break the weld on the new exhaust( assuming you need it to be welded) then you should be able to bolt it right back up

4) Suprastore havent had much expreince with them but id rather pay a few bucks more knowing im getting what i want and that im definitly gettin it. Thats one state of mind i have always had with ordering from Dusty

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
I have never heard any positive things about Suprastore. Avoid at all costs. Buy from Dusty at MVP Motorsports...they are the sponsor of this site, click the banner at the top of the page.

For exhausts, it's a good bet to look at thepartstrader.com or the for sale section here. A lot of people sell exhausts for cheap.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i noticed a decrease in gas mileage, especially freeway driven miles... keep the stock exhaust in a nice, cool ,dry place.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wishlist..

hey, did you put on your exhaust and intake at the same time? or one first then the other? just wondering, cuz i know the air filters decrease gas mileage.

thanks
Bob

·
Registered
296 Posts
decrease in mpg

After the installation of the Apexi N1 and HKS intake, I do notice a minr increase in the fuel consumption - ie less mpg (i guess roughly 5%)

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i put the intake in first then the exhaust... i didn't notice that much of a decrease after the intake, but after the exhaust i did.

before the exhaust - full tank of gas... drive ~120 pretty much freeway miles... i needle would drop a little... i think to about that first big line below full ( i guess that's a quarter tank)...

after the exhaust - exactly same scenario... full tank.. 120 miles...the needle is almost to the half tank... i'll check again in couple days when i drive the 120 miles again and post it on monday

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is what is happening with just my intake...so i hope the exhaust wont double the loss...let me know after you test again.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts