Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a while ago on the UK supra forum and thought you guys might enjoy reading it (I'm not sure what the word limit is for a post, so I hope I don't fubar it) -here goes:

We had a mini hoon to Wales and back over the weekend, was supposed to be Jap cars only, but one of the guys sold his FTO for an Alfa V6 GTV! Other cars that were there was a 290rwhp RX7 with turbo's in TTC, stock rev2 MR2T, supercharged 210bhp Mx5 mk1, FTO V6 with a shit sounding backbox & a FTO Mivec with one of the loudest and best exhaust/induction notes I've ever heard!

The idea was to meet at the Star Inn in Powys between 10am-3pm and use it as a base camp and go hooning around mid/north Wales for two days.

I left High Wycombe at 8am after filling up with £60 of Optimax and cruising up the M40, had a quick play with a Focus RS (saw two within 7 miles of eachother) but had a nice steady cruise at the ton. I got to warrick Services and phoned the Mivec owner based in Brum to see where abouts he was- he hadn't even left yet but was going to be meeting the RX7 and MR2 on route, and asked if I wanted to join them. I said no because they were going around the other side of Brum and it meant an extra hour on the motorway, and I simply couldn't be ******. Mistake number 1 (all will be revealed).

Carried on bombing along the M40 and M42, getting off at J1 for my cross country hoon to wales. I took the A448 to Kiddiminster, stopping breifly in a layby to consult my AA map- I had the choice of a smaller road atlas, or the biggie- I thought the small one would be sufficient- mistake number 2!!!

The A456 from kiddie to Leominster(ish) was the first bit of half decent road- you simply don't have roads like this in the South East, traffic free and a good surface atleast. Although i was on my own I was still having a blast, picking off the slower traffic and then running in tandem with a black Mondeo ST220, who set a reasonable pace.

Turned onto the A49 towards Ludlow and saw a red Supe saying 'hello'- turned out it was Max Headroom! still very nice and open, flowing A roads, I did think Craven Arms sounds more like a pub than a village though.

Next was a smaller A road to Newtown which was quite twisty with a few blind corners and crests but wow- if this was a glimps of what was to come this weekend BRING IT ON! Starving, thristy and bursting i stopped at the MaccyD's in Newtown to find out where everyone was, and it seemed I was atleast an hour and a half ahead of the next nearest group (FTO/RX7/MR2), and thought shit- I'm gonna be bored out of my brains at this BB for hours waiting for these guys, so I had a longer lunch then made my way to Llanbrynmair- that road was even better than the last, with lots of unbroken double whites for miles on end, and some bloody long straights to really open the taps, overtaking 6 cars in one hit.

Hmmmm, I've hit a roundabout. Funny, no roundabout after Newtown on my notes, or on the map. I've overshot my turning by SIX MILES! Oh well, it was a bloody nice road- real bummer to have to retrace my steps. Accornding to my notes and my odo, I should be about 7 miles away from the B&B (taking off my 12 mile detour). I find the B4518, looking for this right turn. I find a farm track and think "surely not!". There was no way the Supra was going to fit down there. Probably the next one. After 5 miles there is no next right turn. U turn in a field entrance and go back to Llanbrynmair to consult my map. Mistake number 2 comes into fruition. There is a white space 16 miles x 20 miles inside the A470/A487/A489 quadrangle with unclassified farm tracks and no place names inside. Shit.

I call the MivecFTO owner again, who says he's 20 minutes away, they'll pick me up on the way through.

30 minutes later and not only had they not turned up, not a single car had gone past in the meantime. Ghost town!

So bollocks to this, I'll try again and go down the B4518 for miles and miles and miles, and it's getting narrower and narrower, more farm tracks, then it splits into two, the left side looks a bit more serious so I take that. Another mile passes then start seeing signs for Llawyrglyn, not the Machynlleth (christened macky-mach by us) sign I was desperately looking for. Decide to try the other fork- go back and went 100 yards up that before the hedges on either side were scraping the paint off my mirrors, see an entrance to a farm and turn around. Back to Llanbrynmair.

Phone Flibbers (Mivec owner) and ask where the hell he is. He said they were in Penegoes and were 2 minutes from the Star Inn and would call me when he gets there and direct me with his (better) map. Mistake number one comes back to bite me on the arse. So I wait 10 minutes and make the most of the facilities (ie a toilet). I ask a local for directions, who mentions it's 5 minutes up the road I had just explored. Ok this is getting fucked up now. Phone Flibbers- straight to answerphone. 5 minutes later get the answerphone again. Bollocks he obviously hasn't got a signal (I didn't earlier down one of those forks). Shit I must be SO CLOSE.

Penegoes eh? Look on the map and it's only two inches away, I elect to go there and try Flibbers again. I get there, find somewhere to park and ring- zip, zilch, nada- Flibbers still has no service. I'm loosing the will to live and toying with the idea of going home. I have no-one elses number from our party either I call Pete (my bro) and ask him to call up the Routefinder on his PC and find out where the fuck I am, and where the fuck I'm going.
After spelling out "Machynlleth" five times we have a route "hey Gaz you're almost on top of it- Go forwards, then turn right at the T-junction and go up the hill..."

Now I know for a fact that ain't right. After a 5 minute argument of Never Eat Shreaded Wheat I realise that my brother will never make a UPS driver- he doesn't have that blokey ability to picture yourself on a map and 'see' where you are going. I realise this is a non-starter. Then I get a call from Batty the Alfa driver who tells me to find a big landmark wheich he can put into a GPS unit and come find me. I tell Pete thanks but no thanks "I've been rescue'd!" and go in search of something in macky-mach. BP station with a train bridge! that'll do, phone Batty and tell him where I am. "I'll be there in 20 minutes mate!". It turns out to be a bloody long twenty minutes, but I do notice that in the distortion of a window opposite the Supra looks like an Ascari KZ1....

I hear Batty long before I see him, mainly because I'm looking for a Black Alfa GTV and not the illuminous orange FTO that he's a passenger in. We go back through macky-mach then turn into a very descrete right turn and go up a moutain, and I really do mean up a mountain! Ah, the back way! The road climes, and climbes and climbes, my ears are popping constantly as we climb nearly 500 meters in one inch of the map. The FTO is really struggling with the 1 in 3 hill, at times crawling up in second at 5000rpm. Christ it sounds shit. I'm starting to think it's a 1.8 by the way it sounds, but I later see a V6 under the bonnet. We summit, then the road simply falls away again, as quickly as it rose, and then a fucking great big sign saying WELCOME TO THE STAR INN. We turn up a farm track to the carpark, where I find out I'm stone last to turn up, cos sitting there is the MR2, the RX7, the Alfa, and the other FTO (the MX5S arrived on Sunday). I walk into the bar to a round of applause, and feel a complete cock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.... so we say our hellos and the land lady laughs that it was a good job I showed up as the others were draining the coca cola dry.

After a very brief discussion Batty (GTV) and Si (luminous FTO) mention that they went to the Elan valley earlier and it's a nice drive over there and a great photo location.

Si has GPS, and the slowest car, so for the shakedown run we volunteer him to lead. So down the driveway/track and onto this narrow little lane- somehow I'm tail end charlie- I see the orange FTO spurt away sounding like a pissed off elephant snorting through a cardboard tube, followed by the GTV which sounds glorious and deep, then the RX7, then the really, really loud silver FTO which sounds like a banshee having a multiple orgasm (a good thing) then the MR2T which I can't hear over the FTO and then me at the back.
We get to the end of this little lane and turn right- as I check left to make sure nothing is coming it dawns on me that this is where I had turned around earlier.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I nail it after the MR2 along the B4518 towards Llanidloes - considering it's stock it was pretty quick out of the blocks, but he's reeled in quick enough. We jink left and there is a 4x4 coming the other way- everyone else zooms by, but it's pretty clear that I'm not going to be able to pass the 4x4 due to the width of the Supra, so slow to a crawl see a driveway and wait for him to pass and then carry one. Where'd they go???? I'm driving fairly quickly and they are completely out of sight until I come out of the wood section and see them on the other side of the valley- the five of them look like a ride at Alton Towers as they bomb up the hill on the other side- christ this looks like something out of Best Motoring. I give it Jonny Large Potatoes and immedietly hit the brakes bloody hard- there is a crest which i simply cannot see over, so slow to negotiate it, then back on the gas, down the hill, through the compression and fire out the other side. I'm greated by yet another crest, which immedietly after has a really sharp left before a really steep decent, then a right, then levels out, then up, another right, and then I see the others 500m ahead- straight ahead- gun it boyo! The road undulates a bit like the first stage of the game Road Rash in the Sierra Nevada section (this road reminds me of that game a lot) and on every compression my active spoiler scraps the tarmac. As we hit the 30 zone for Llanidloes I catch up. My God they are fast.

As we meander through this little town I'm thinking - no- discussing in my schitzophrenic nogin - am I really that slow, or are they too quick for the road? I simply couldn't drive quicker than that and be comfortable- I'm very much in the school of "you should be able to stop in the road space you can see". That or I'm loosing my bottle.

Out of town and the road is unlimited and as we pass the NSL signs, it shrinks in width and becomes a bloody twisty and blind road again... I'm left for dead. The road climbes and the torqueless FTO slows a lot, so I catch up the pack in a flash- I can hear the silver FTO downshifting about 3 gears! The road crests and is quickly followed by a quick tight left/right then a long down hill straight where the silver FTO sings. This road is a bit straighter than the previous (not by much though) but they are still pulling away with every turn until they are almost out of sight. There is a brief rest as we go through the 40 zones Nantgwyn and Pant-y-dwr then back to NSL for a few miles then after St Harmon the little B road open out and I stick with the others for a few miles, again near the edge of my comfort zone until we pass through the little town of Rhayada and onto the Elan village.

The carpark is almost full so we 'abandon' our cars to have a quick chat, and I'm asked if I was in the passenger seat and had I allowed Miss Daisy to drive my car by Flibbers (silver FTO). Batty (GTV) mentions another spot to take pics as the carpark was too full to do the Evo mag front cover style group shot he had recce'd for earlier. He looked a bit pissed off about that.

So we mosey'd up these daft little lanes, hardly any wider than my car, and on one corner in particular I was worried I was going to run out of steering lock, even at walking pace! We find a little parking area (pic above) and the others take their pics that they so desperately want. I mention to one of them about the pace, or more specificaly- how can they see so much more road than me. I'm not entirely sure what the answer was, but it seemed like I'm loosing my bottle. One did mention that aslong as you can see what happnes to the car infront, you should be ok (that's a leap of faith too far for me), "what about Si? he's no-one to follow?" - ".........." Si either has knackers the size of melons, or is THE STIG.

Batty wants 'action' shots, and we park up further on, Batty finds a moutain to sit on while I blast off to do a fly by:

After Al we got bored, and the sheep and lambs were pissing us off so we left the Elan valley back to Rhayada and 'for the girl of the group' (me) we are taking the A road back to Llanidloes.

The MR2 is infront of me as we hit the NSL, and Al guns the red mean machine, I give him some space then hit the juice and gobble him up mwahahaha! Al does a very sneaky overtake on Iain (RX7) who is caught napping off boost and I appreciate the change of scenery behind the Rex.
Si (orange FTO) and Batty(GTV) overtake an econobox of some description and bugger off, followed by Flibbers(FTO) at the next oppotunity. Around the next few bends and we are crawling behind the econobox, who then lets out an SUV from a side turning. On the next straight Al does the double and goes in search of the others. Me and Iain have to sit patiently while the econobox gets slower and slower and at the various potential passing places cars block our efforts. We bomb past the econobox and I'm suffocating in blue smoke as the Rex burns oil as we hoon upto the SUV. Around the corner and we see a longish straight with no dips or crests or turns/gates/crossing- od-off and we both go around the SUV and notice another car 200 yards up- so we blow his doors off and when we hit the brakes a 4 foot flame shoots out of the Rex! We see Al going around the roundabout and up the hill and give chase, and we catch up the other three, hit Llanidloes then back onto that bloody B4518 and back to the Star Inn, where I'm left for dead. Again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speaking of dead, Al is concerned about a noise his MR2 is making (light knocking noise). The engine is simply too hot to even look at with the lid open so I suggest we'll have a look after dinner when it cools down. His brake discs look completely fucked with a heavy blue tinge and he says he had serious brake fade for the last mile. Boiled fluid suspected.

As we are knackered we decide to go into the village Batty and Si are staying at (me, Iain, his missus, Al, his mate and Flibbers are staying at the Star, Batty and Si are staying in Llanidloes) for a quick drink while we wait for the Star to open at 7 so we can eat and drink the night away.

Four up in an FTO is not fun. I'm a complete short arse, yet my head is hitting the rear 'canopy' and for the drive into town I'm the butt of the slow driver jokes, seemingly forgetting they were toast on the A-roads. I smash my head as we go down a dip, much to the amusment of the others, but after a drink it's numbed.

Back at the Star we eat and talk the night away....

Al is pretty sure the big ends have gone on his MR2, and the others went to have a listen while I was checking out- Iain reckons it could be a belt, the others decide not to air their views but the consensus appears to be terminal.

Al decides to get the AA to come rescue him and take him back to south London. I do hope he has full coverage as it's going to be an expensive ride otherwise.

Guilt ridden the rest of us hatch plans for the day- Flibbers and wants more B-road stuff, the rest of us would rather do A-roads. We were joined at breakfast time by Mark in a supercharged MX5, who would also rather do A-roads. God I love democracy.

While the others debate about where next I wade in with my 'trusty' map and suggest a lap of the area- go to Llanidloes and collect Batty and Si, then go to NewTown to refuel, then along the A470 via Llanbynmair to Macky-Mac, on to Aberystwyth then along the A44 to Llangurig then back to Newtown.

We volunteer Flibbers to lead along the B-road to pick up Batty and Si, and as Iain's missus was going with us Iain asked for the pace on the B-road to be wound down a notch. No argument from me!

So we blast along at 7/10ths until Flibbers decides to overtake Postman Pat (who I assume was on O/T) and pretty much fucks off just before the decent at the Llyn Clwedog resevior. I follow Pat down the decent and eye up an overtake, and decide against it, much to the ammusement of Iain and Petra behind. Just before I get to the dam I catch a glimps of Flibbers bombing around and up the other side of the lake. Pat finds a parking area and waives us through, and as I have no clue how to find Batty and Si's hotel I'm gonna have to haul ass to catch up that pesky FTO. I close the gap to about 300m by the time we reach Llanidloes and as we cross the bridge Batty is standing on the corner telling us to go towards the petrol station.

We inform Batty and Si about my matser plan and we shoot off to Newtown.
I'm sitting behind Flibbers as we wait at a T-junction, Batty leads, then Si, followed by Flibbers and myself, then Iain and Mark. Go go go! Batty roars off leaving Si trailing, Flibbers mashes the (very) loud pedal and I follow. I can hear the FTO reving out through 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with the odd small flame on each upchange, I stick the boot in and race up behind Flibbers and seriously consider overtaking but decide not to be too clever- besides by this point I'm deep into 3rd at over 100 leptons.

A really nice hoon to Newtown with no traffic and we find the BP station with only two ultimate pumps, one of which is blocked by a dead Cavalier.

While I drain the stations main tank the others decide we should stop for lunch at Aberyswyth, oh and that I should lead as I'm the slowest!

Ok then- I've driven that road twice already, they haven't he he he he!

I lead with batty in tow, the orange FTO behind him. I've barely left Newtown when Batty calls me to pull over as the others are lagging.

Convoy complete and I summon the gods of Johnny Large Potatoes and thrash the knackers off the Supra along this wide, smooth traffic free A-road. All credit to Batty the GTV was certainly keeping up well though the corners, but along every straight I pull a few lengths on him (oo-er missus!) and soon he is hardly in my mirrors except for the longest straights. I do notice that my tracking has got progressively worse over the weekend, hopefuly the A-roads will halt that decline.

This is what the Supra does best- fast A-roads, firing out of every bend, the second turbine rams it's point home as the back end squats under load, the tyres keying into the tarmac and for a few miles I'm on my own.

I see a 40 zone so slow right down to 30 so the others can catch up, by the time I see the NSL sign we are altogether. There is a long, long straight where I open the taps wide open, the GTV is getting smaller in my mirrors, but considering he's 100bhp down, but only 100kg less, he's doing well. My brothers road angel is flashing a max speed thing, set to trip at 135mph (I'm not entirely sure why he's set it that high) and I back off.

After Llanbrynmair there is a 'tight as a virgins arsehole' S-bend which I assume goes over a railway track. There is a van infront of me, but as we go through the second half I catch a glimps up his inside and see the road is clear, and then I demonstrate to Batty why rear wheel drive rules over front wheel drive as I hook it up and fire myself out of the S bend like I've been hitched onto the Nimitz's steam catapault for take off. Bye bye Batty!

This road is almost certainly the fastest single carriageway of the weekend and plays to the Supra's strengths. I thread my way through machy-mack and out the other side, where follow a double decker lorry with draw trailer almost all the way to the coast. Bollocks. As it turns out the road quality is nothing short of awful and the broken up tarmac is worse than a cattle grid, so we couldn't have gone much quicker anyway.

We find a large carpark in Aberystwyth after Flibbers phones me to say "find a carpark quick, if I don't piss I'm going to die". Hint taken we find a Costa Coffee above a bike shop.

This road legal buggy is for sale outside:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We discussed our next bit of the journey in the car park. As Mark and Flibbers were from Birmingham they didn't want to stray too far south, and as Batty and Si were from Bristol and Bath they obviously didn't want to go to far north. Myself and Iain being from the South East really couldn't give two shits as either option was a 200 mile journey home. In the end Batty said he wanted to turn south at Llangurig and start heading home. Si Agreed. Flibbers and Mark said in that case they'd carry on to Newtown then home when we get to Llangurig. All eyes were towards myself and Iain- hmm trip through the Black Mountains vs a trip to Birmingham? Well that's a toughy- Black Mountains it is!

Shook hands with Flibbers and Mark and thanked them for turning up (and to Flibbers for helping Batty organise this gig) then I followed Si and Iain out of Aberystwyth with Batty behind, then Flibbers and Mark. The first mile or so was restricted and busy, but it opened out for two miles or so for quite a fast A road- the orange FTO parping along, and the Rex doing it's bit for the ozone layer chucking out blue smoke every now and then. Infact it was giving me a headache.

We threaded our way through a small town then out into the country side on a bit of road that reminds me of a theme park ride, skirting the hills above. The FTO was actually holding us up but we settled into a very comfortable pace. I was starting to get slightly annoyed at the exhaust note of the orange FTO, which could easily be heard over the RX7 infront- wonder what CD the missus had left in the car? Steps it seems. Bollocks. Note to self, check CD's before embarking on a trip.

So far the A44 seemed like a road that was interesting enough to keep you enthusiastic, but not so involving that it knackers you out. That soon changed as it got really twisty around Periadd Fynydd- a mountain/hill covered in pine trees that makes your eyes go crazy if you look at it for too long- which isn't a good idea with a cliff on one side and a drop on the other! Gulp!

The road meandered it's way around some hills, rising and falling gently and we started to get a rhythm for the road, settling at around 80ish with quick bursts to the ton. We bombed along the Wye Valley towards Llangurig then to a roundabout where we went our seperate ways, Me, Iain, Batty and Si
going south, Flibbers and Mark going north- a quick flash of headlights and they were gone. It was the begining of the end of a bloody good weekend, and I suddenly realised Al still had to get home with his sick MR2 and his mate.

So we've just turned south to start heading home along the A470, although I'm utterly clueless as to where we are heading- it's when I clock a cat sick yellow MX5 for sale on the side of the road that I realise I've been down this road before as we enter Rhayader- has Si rembered to reset his GPS? I'm sure we went this way back to the B&B????? The next five minutes are tense as my brain is at war with itself over what comes next, where we've been and where we are going. I'm too tired to give a shit and I have nearly half a tank of fuel- I'll engage lemming mode and just follow them.

We continue along the A470, but it looks new to me, so I start worrying less about going back along that bloody B-road any time soon. I see a signpost for Llandrindrod Wells, which bought a whole host of memories flooding back as I went there for a week with school 15 years ago, at about the same time of year. The road weaves around in the valley next to the river, and we enter Newbridge on Wye. There is a young familiy on the pavement, the boy looks around as we pass although I have to conceed that it was the RX7 that got his attention.

The road climbs and Si is following a green Suzuki Grand Vitara, who while not hanging about, could be moving quicker up the hill. Having said that the FTO is parping along so maybe it's Si who's holding us up? I do wonder if Iain is plotting to do both of them at the next straight - I'm certainly thinking about doing the treble.

We follow the Suzuki through the next town and out the other side, I notice signs for Breacon- an area I always went on holiday with my parents from when I was born, until I was 14, as my Nan & Grandad lived in the armpit of Wales, otherwise known as Merthyr Tydfil although to be fair they did live on the one nice estate the shithole possesed.

While following this bloody SUV I did wonder if I'd catch a glimpse of Pen y Fan- every time I see the flat-top mountain it takes my breath away- in the past it really had as I had climbed it many times. Parp parp parp- oooh Si's going for it along the next straight, but he seems to use most of the straight gaining speed before doing a do-or die overtake before the next bend. I guess that's the trade off for having a comparitively torqueless 2.0 vs a 3.0TT. A few twists and turns and the SUV signals for Iain to pass, then me almost straight away- but he shuts the door on Batty in the GTV- maybe he assumed the Jap cars were together so discounted the black Alfa?

Somehow Batty gets past the Suzuki and we head for the Black Mountains, we negotiate a T-junction- Si bombs off, then Iain lights up the rears in the RX7, and then I take a chance in the Supra, spin up the rears and almost spin infront of Batty- bloody traction control kicks in and kills the power as this Golf bears down on me. Through Talgarth then storm along up the hill and then notice a white van with his hazards on. This guy is creeping up the hill, and the Si aborts an overtake as he notices a lone lycra warrior pedaling like fuck up this sodding mountain. I look further up the hill and notice about 100 riders going around the corner. More bollocks.

Christ this bloke is slow. The van isn't going to let us past, and it's too windey to overtake so we are stuck at 3mph according to my road angel. I phone Batty behind me and ask if he has heard of any news about Al. He tells me he hasn't got Al's number but he'll phone Flibbers.
5 minutes and a corner later Batty phones back- Flibbers was in MaccyD's in Newtown when batty phones- as they were on the phone a low loader sailed past with a sick MR2 on the back. Now that is timing. Still, he called the AA at 9.30, it's now 3pm so he hasn't got very far!
If these bunch of muppets are training for 2012 they don't have enough time to become competative. I'm close to offering to ride a bike up myself if it'll speed up the proccess. Si sees a gap and thinks bollocks to it and blasts past, as does Iain- leaving Chris Boardman choking on rotary oil burning in the air. I'm about to do the same when the van stops dead. Cheers for that.
Me and Batty get round and shoot up the hill to find the pentalon lording it in the middle of the road. I bomb past them and then they move over for Batty. The hill gets even steeper but I don't feel sorry for them. It does give me chance to catch up Iain who'se being held up by an FTO being thrashed to within an inch of it's life up this mountain. Finally we pass the lead cyclist and our solitary hope for a medal in 2012. The road falls away and si pulls out a lead and we make up for lost time and I acknowledge to myself that I'm not going to see pen y fan.

The road decends to meet the A40- I know I'll be home soon-the A40 runs right past the end of my street, albiet 150 miles further on. It starts raining, it's grey and civilisation (kind of) is really raming the point home that the weekend is almost over. Off the next roundabout and the road becomes the first dual carriageway we've driven on as a group- is it a game of silly buggers or are we going to be sensible? It turns out that Si is flat out from 20-85mph, and we sit at 85ish until a hairy junction where we change D/C's to the A449. It's no good, I must go ballistic, and I indicate to overtake Si and Iain as we join the carriageway. I mash the accelerator, absolutely 10/10ths and leave Batty scrabbling with understeer and go to pass Iain. Iain though has had the same idea as me, except with his TTC turbos it takes a while for the RX7 to hit boost- he moves across my path and overtakes Si, I 'm already past Si in lane 2 and sitting 6 feet from the RX7 as it slowly pulls away leading to a safe gap between us as we waste the other two, hitting 140 leptons before nailing the brakes. The RX7 appears to catch fire as the biggest flame yet shoots out of the exhaust pipe- an easy five feet long, but the size of an umbrella too! I want flames! Eventually Si and Batty catch up.

We join the M4, Batty calls to tell me to watch my speed over the bridge and we say our goodbyes as me and the RX7 are stopping at the services for food and fuel, Batty and Si are going straight home.

I set the cruise for 70 and go across the bridge, then get to the other side and settle for an 85mph cruise then realise as I pass into Berkshire that the M4 has those fucking average speed cameras and I hope I haven't been caught. They were the only ones the road angle never picked up.

I get home, the car is thrumming creamily on the drive as I park it up, I've driven 600 miles, I've used 100 litres of fuel and probably left a few tons of CO2 in the air and I feel completely bolloxed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can you read this into a mic and post the sound file? I think the british accent will make it hilarious. I'm tryin to do it in my head as I read it but it isn't working.

Thanks,
Ash

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
SupraStar2000 said:
Can you read this into a mic and post the sound file? I think the british accent will make it hilarious. I'm tryin to do it in my head as I read it but it isn't working.

Thanks,
Ash
:rofl:
True story.

·
Slow Poke
1,940 Posts
All just sounds like a big ol' whinge to me :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SupraStar2000 said:

Thanks,
Ash
If it helps, I sound more like an extra from Snatch/Lock Stock n' Two Smoking Barrels than Mary Poppins/Hugh (Prick) Grant.

Btw, wasn't whinging, it was bloody briiliant!

:D

·
Slow Poke
1,940 Posts
Wasn't bad, bit long whinded but mildly entertaining none the less. ;)

And, as for the whinging. I'm an "Aussie" so that makes you a "Whinging Pome" :D J/K

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
SupraPolak said:
Wasn't bad, bit long whinded but mildly entertaining none the less. ;)

And, as for the whinging. I'm an "Aussie" so that makes you a "Whinging Pome" :D J/K

Lol!

Pom= Prisoner Of his Majesty.

Sorry- which one of us is living on the island full of decendents of prisoners shipped over fromt he other island? Cos I'm damn sure it ain't me! :D (joke)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Gazboy said:
If it helps, I sound more like an extra from Snatch/Lock Stock n' Two Smoking Barrels than Mary Poppins/Hugh (Prick) Grant.

That would only make it better. There's no downside here.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
LOL. Yeah, you need to post cliffs dude - we didn't click your link expecting to read a novella.

·
Slow Poke
1,940 Posts
Gazboy said:
Lol!

Pom= Prisoner Of his Majesty.

Sorry- which one of us is living on the island full of decendents of prisoners shipped over fromt he other island? Cos I'm damn sure it ain't me! :D (joke)
hehehe, I always thought it was POME - Prissoner Of Mother England :whip:

Anyway.... :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
koulee said:
LOL. Yeah, you need to post cliffs dude - we didn't click your link expecting to read a novella.
What's a cliff? (other than the side of a mountain?)

Was the title "story time" not enough of a clue that it may be more than:

"Whoa dude I was cruising wit ma chick on da interstate when this flyboy in a Mustang gave me the look, so I popped it down three and waited for my trashcan sized T88 to wake up and I laid the smack down on his bitch ass- gimmie props bro".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts