Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, quick engine mod list:

3" BIC DDP, 3" exhaust, MBC set at 9psi. I said it'd be quick

Here's the problem:
Car runs fine if A/C is not on. No overheat whatsoever. As soon as I turn on the A/C, I get problems. All fans are working according to TSRM, A/C system is charged correctly. Replaced water pump when I bought the car last year. No coolant leak or loss. Replaced main fan clutch last week, although the old one didnt seem all that bad.

Typically it overheats if it sits in the sun and when I get in I hit the A/C right away. It is not as bad if Im on the move or if the car was parked in the shade, but when I stop at a light the temp raises(hence the fan clutch replacement). If I drive for more than 30 minutes, it progressively gets worse, like the cooling system cant keep up. I'm starting to wonder if i should put the old WP back on, I like the toyota impeller design better, and I only replaced it as a percaution (when I bought the car, I had the rad rodded out, replaced all coolant hoses, flushed the coolant, etc.)

So, I'm thinking turn the boost back down to 7, change the waterpump back to the OEM unit, and if that fails get the 89+ fans and shroud. Anyone have any better ideas or something I might have missed???

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I have another in the garage and I'm gonna swap it out after taking a good look at it.

It seems that I also caused a flat spot on the rad spout by overtightening the worm-drive clamp. Since I need to take off the pipe to fix that anyway, might as well replace it.

I really hate it when I overlook the easiest shit, especially after posting about it. So gay:ghey:

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.