Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this in the IDRC site...

In the Street class, John Shepherd came out to put an exclamation point on his already claimed IDRC Street Class championship. He did so with eighth victory in just eight IDRC appearance, earning John the title of the IDRC¹s most-dominant driver of 2001.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everytime that Ari was beside John, Ari will outlaunch him or something but top end the train came to pass him...:) :) hehehe
Knightsport said:
I thought Ari was still the big gun?

·
I got your rice bitch.
19 Posts
Jesus said:
Everytime that Ari was beside John, Ari will outlaunch him or something but top end the train came to pass him...:) :) hehehe
Really?!?! He runs quicker E.T.'s?

Not that I care,but I'm kind of glad someone is taking him off his high horse.

He's become somewhat of a snob since his success in the street class.

Your car's a street car is it not?

You run 9's,go get 'em! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats to John Sheppard on this achievement.

Next year John will have to work doubly hard to beat Marko. As much as I like DSMs, my money's on Marko next year just because ...

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having both worlds, If John puts those ET streets that he was talking about....I wouldnt think it twice...getting 1.3's not easy..to catch with that TOP END of that talon..:)
SAfrican said:
Congrats to John Sheppard on this achievement.

Next year John will have to work doubly hard to beat Marko. As much as I like DSMs, my money's on Marko next year just because ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks guys for the recognition.

btw what happened to Marko ? I expected him out there. the track was a total shithole with absolutely no traction. One pass I ran [email protected] and another one was [email protected] both with something like 1.9-2.0 60fts and then about lost control top of third when all 4 tires let loose and I hit the rev limiter. The track is unsafe, the 4 cyl focus hit the wall also.

later
John Shepherd

Thanks Jesus and make sure you take some of Safricans money :) :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
...Lets not forget Hills car....It made 145mph traps too...... all I can say is the street Class will be insane next year.

CONGRATS JOHN

·
Banned
820 Posts
jshepherd said:

btw what happened to Marko ? I expected him out there. the track was a total shithole with absolutely no traction. One pass I ran [email protected] and another one was [email protected] both with something like 1.9-2.0 60fts and then about lost control top of third when all 4 tires let loose and I hit the rev limiter. The track is unsafe, the 4 cyl focus hit the wall also.

later
John Shepherd

Sorry John, I was trying everything in my power to make it but just couldn't afford to get away. Was EXTREMELY busy with work. I wish I could've though. Anyhow, congratulations on your excellent achievement. You are in every definition of the word a "die-hard". I wish you luck with the family (and new member:) ) See you in February at the first event.(hopefully)

·
Registered
9 Posts
jshepherd said:
btw what happened to Marko ?
John, I believe his car had some problems.

Hmmm ... it will surely be an interesting race (season) between you two, the car I loved from the first day I laid eyes on it and didn't know it's name (Eagle Talon) and the car I learnt to respect and fear (Marko's Supra). Jesus I'm up for that friendly bet :) Good luck to both you gentlemen.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Easily....

Anytime, Yeah I wouldn't mind taking some $$ so we can all go and eat.....:)
jshepherd said:

later
John Shepherd

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SAfrican....

Will do......then its set....:) :)
SAfrican said:

John, I believe his car had some problems.

Hmmm ... it will surely be an interesting race (season) between you two, the car I loved from the first day I laid eyes on it and didn't know it's name (Eagle Talon) and the car I learnt to respect and fear (Marko's Supra). Jesus I'm up for that friendly bet :) Good luck to both you gentlemen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: SAfrican....

Jesus said:
Will do......then its set....:) :)
Jesus, lets do something between the two of us ... DSM to DSM ... say at the next DSM Shootout!? I've made three events in the last four years and I'm not sure if we ever met, would be fun to set up some form of money race between the two of us.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SAfrican....

Gladly we can arrange that, i have made it to 3 Shootouts in the past 2-3 years, Let me know how much you will like to put down..
SAfrican said:

Jesus, lets do something between the two of us ... DSM to DSM ... say at the next DSM Shootout!? I've made three events in the last four years and I'm not sure if we ever met, would be fun to set up some form of money race between the two of us.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: SAfrican....

and by the way, your name is ????????
SAfrican said:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jesus vs Vernon

My name is Vernon Naidoo. You can catch a couple of my runs (and face) on the last Shootout video (made R/U in bracket one).

I plan on suggesting that the Shootout now include a class for money/grudge races, preferably the first event of the day, that way no times are shown.

My race with you, lets make it for $500, that way no-one goes bankrupt (good chance it’s going to be me cause you are abviously quicker than me in both your DSMs :( ).

Let’s do off a .50 tree where a red light counts. Let’s do it in DSM cars that we own, not anyone else’s car. Let’s make it balls out to balls out. You break and it tough luck ... how does that sound to you.

PS: make note of one little legal issue. I'm in the US on a working visa and there's always a chance that I might have to cut my stay here short if I'm lay-off'ed. If that were to happen, then I apologize for not coming through on this race.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Jesus vs Vernon

Vernon,

Ill tell you what, I ran 11.0 2 years ago, whenever my eclipse comes out will be a total different car, it wont be running 11's thats for sure, $500 ? no problem...we can accomodate you in that department.. and my answer is NO, .500 light thing, we either go Heads up on a PRO TREE .400 or nothing plain and simple, you are the one that brought up the challenge and in top of everything for some cash, now have that on mind, my heads up races are on a Pro Tree. Sure I'll take a look at your runs and see what's up...
SAfrican said:
My name is Vernon Naidoo. You can catch a couple of my runs (and face) on the last Shootout video (made R/U in bracket one).

I plan on suggesting that the Shootout now include a class for money/grudge races, preferably the first event of the day, that way no times are shown.

My race with you, lets make it for $500, that way no-one goes bankrupt (good chance it’s going to be me cause you are abviously quicker than me in both your DSMs :( ).

Let’s do off a .50 tree where a red light counts. Let’s do it in DSM cars that we own, not anyone else’s car. Let’s make it balls out to balls out. You break and it tough luck ... how does that sound to you.

PS: make note of one little legal issue. I'm in the US on a working visa and there's always a chance that I might have to cut my stay here short if I'm lay-off'ed. If that were to happen, then I apologize for not coming through on this race.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts