Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Movie starts out with Chun-Li spending lots of time with her dad, who teaches her Wushu, but wants her to be a pianist. Dad gets abducted by big black guy, and is blackmailed into giving the super-evil bad guy information in return for his daughters safety. Daughter is given some weird scroll which tells her to go to Bangkok and find Gen (who is the asian guy from Balls of Fury), and she must become 'one with the streets'.

Basically all she did was beat up some muggers, he swoops in and brings her back to his place where he teaches her more martial arts, all while the guy from American Pie, playing an INTERPOL officer, tries to find the evil corporation behind everything.

Evil corporation takes over slums, shuts down cops on the case. Chun-Li pretends to be a lesbo to attract the lesbo second-in-command lady of the evil corporation. They both dance badly. Gen's place is blown up. Super-bad guy's daughter is alive, and his 'only weakness', but she doesn't actually do or say anything to make him weaker. Super gay, tiger roaring fight between him and Chun ensue, with a Dragonball-Z-esque finishing move at the end, with some weird neck-breaker to follow. It was stupid.

Overall: it was a really shitty movie. It had it's moments in some of the fight scenes, but the storyline was too involving for a street fighter movie and not enough fights at all. Some of the plot doesn't even make sense...Chun Li is being stalked by this guy named Gen, who is a good guy...but is CONVINCED she has to go to Bangkok to meet him. She ran into him TWICE while wandering around, just open your eyes woman.

I would've much rather seen Watchmen.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
One of my buddies went and saw it, said there were 3 people in the theater with him. All 4 watching were asian males aged 20-35. He told me the first one was better, which was just sickening to watch in its own right.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
You know what, say what you want about the old street fighter, but I fuckin' LOVED it when I was 11 years old or whatever when I saw it. all the cheesy lines, the bad acting, the terrible story line, all of it...i love it all.

:beer: to a great cheesy movie

P.S. The guy who played Zangief was the most perfect person for that role!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
streaming now...why did they pick Chun Li, her story sucks, Id rather see Ryu go on a blind retribution killing spree.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Live blogging.............

What the cock is Chris Klein doing acting? Jesus......Bison is the blond sheriff in the Hitcher? Vega might be ok so far. He looks like a skinny Jason Voorhees.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I quit watching just after that, fucking terrible movie. Case studies on business ethics seem more interesting to me right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts