Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of pressure should I run on my stock size Sumitomo HTRZ's . This weekend I may get over to the Pocono track for some laps with a local Supra club. It will be my first time in a Supra. I remember years ago in my Integra GSR I was told to drop the pressure of the tires, anyone have any advice?

Also, any other advice on general Supra set up? I have the TRD front tower bar, GABs/Eibach pro kit, TRD SS lines, Valvoline brake fluid, and normal straight BPU. I have read to turn the boost down to 14 or so PSI. Any other good pieces of advice? Thanks

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Originally posted by mervinnn:
<STRONG>Anyone out there? All I hear is chirping and ribbit ribbit.</STRONG>
I run about 35psi.. but that's just out of habit, I have no idea what the best is.. But start somewhere around there and tune front-to-back depending on the handling balance.

Andi

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I run about 36-37 psi on the street. So I guess drop the pressure a bit and leave room for the tires to heat up?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Wish I could tell ya what's best, but I don't know..

Personally, I jsut set my tire pressures for this weekend a couple hours ago.. warm, 36psi front and 34psi rear.

Andi

·
3,148 Posts
I would run between 35 and 38 psi.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.. looks like i won't make it to the track this weekend due to money issues (fee is $175) but I will put this info to use when i do go.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I run about 36psi daily at whatever temp it reaches after driving 10 minutes to the free Chevron air compressor. I remember checking my pressures between lap sessions at the Bimpbase @ TX2K1 and I was showing pressures in the low to mid 40s. My P-Zeros are permanently dimpled (like a golf ball) around the outer tread near the sidewall after roadracing there. What caused that?

John H.

Originally posted by Andi:
<STRONG>Wish I could tell ya what's best, but I don't know..

Personally, I jsut set my tire pressures for this weekend a couple hours ago.. warm, 36psi front and 34psi rear.

Andi</STRONG>

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Hey Mervinnn,
Sorry you couldn't make Pocono last weekend. We had a blast. It was my first time on a road course, too. Hope you can make it next time.

After the first session of laps, I checked my pressures about 1/2hr after lapping and found 35.8 fronts, 34.8 rears in stock size Brdgstn RE730's on stock suspension. I intended to pump them up a couple psi, but before I could the next session started so I left them as is. All day my car felt like it had good traction, but my driving was not pushing it anywhere near its limits.

A couple weeks ago, I also had an excellent alignment done by Ben of our NESupra.com group. It was done very manually, with a neat fixture that he made up. It took the better part of a whole day, but after that the car felt like it could roll uphill and very smooth and I could really feel the improved handling! I had a half decent, normally crappy alignment before that. I kinda joked saying this, but there is an element of truth: now I feel like I'm dancing with the car instead of man-handling it.

Some still pics and a couple of short videos can be seen at our www.nemkiv.com message board, look for the Pocono pics thread.

Nick (I don't need no stinkin flags) Tallos

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Nick, I just saw your post. Glad to hear you had a good time. Yeah, I was reading thru the NE forum and living vicariously thru you guys. :) I really want to make the next one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts