Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No, Stripes are domestic rice

Votes: 24 33.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm really struggling hard with whether to put stripes on my car or not. I'm leaning more towards doing the stripes.............however I will leave it to the people to decide :D

The choices are black stripes, white stripes, silver stripes

I think most of us have seen vipers with white or silver stripes................however black IMO looks sick!

If I did it, I would do the stripes up the duct as well and not go around it.............I would also slam it with some black wheels with chrome lips..............sort of like Tony's car here!
He has the Venom front end whereas mine is stock...........but you get the idea

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Josh M said:
So far Chris with his slow ass SC300 is the only person who doesn't like stripes :D
I guess that american junk needs some azian flava, so go ahead and stripe it up. If you do, I say do it in gold leaf for the ultimate BLING :p

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Josh, DEFINITELY love black stripes on snakes, but I really don't like black wheels on red. Love black wheels on yellow, white, and black cars, but on red and blue I just think the colors don't contrast enough (or match enough like with a black car). Polished/chrome looks much more striking to me on a red/blue car.

On vipers, my favorite wheels are either the 6 spoke (HRE 546s/iForged Flux) split 5-spoke (HRE 547/iForged Classic) or the ACR type BBS wheels.

To show you what I mean:

See how the black wheels contrast better with the yellow than on the red cars you and I posted? Just my opinion :)

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
If you were to do stripes, I would go with the white stripes. To me, the only color Viper that is need stripes are the 96-97 blue with white stripes. I should have taken pics of my dads silver 98 GTS with gun metal stripes, those actually looked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I vote black stripes.....and screw the red, go yellow!! Bumble Bee in 2006!! :D :D

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
I would like to see the white with a small outer stripe surrounding each larger stripe, offset by about an inch and only a 3rd of an inch thick.

Like that but running the length of the car.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
either go with flat black stripes and or single wide stripe with the outline as TrueSlide mentioned. like shmay...

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
hey to each there own, but frankly - your wrong :faint: :lol: That Venom Leno Edition bumper is pretty nasty too, but, hey not my car.

I like the single stripe sometimes, it depends - a few singles...

Same stripe as the Miata with the thin line

come to think of it though, i have never seen a Viper with single stripe I can recall, i cant visualize it - it could look like crap, do you have a pic of one?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts