Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the oil a couple weeks ago and when I went to put the drain plug back in it just kept turning. So Im pretty sure the oil pan is stripped. I heard of the heliocoil(sp?) kits, and was wondering if I can use this to rethread the pan? Im also going to get a new bolt if this will work. If anyone can let me know how this works or what size I need, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I mean rethreading it would be easier than putting in a new oil pan I would think. I am just trying to find out the right way to do it.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i would get it helicoiled. That way you can still use your stock bolt. Id get a new bolt, and hire a smart friend tho help you helicoil it. NOt trying to dog on you, but its a somewhat complex issue.

~scott

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I can use the same size bolt. Anyone know what size kit I need? I hope its not too complex lol smart friends are hard to come by.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another question, when I go to drill and tap the hole for the helicoil, how close is the oil pump from the oil pan hole? I don't want to go to far and drill through anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts