Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone stripped their heads from changing their spark plugs or from compression checks?

i THINK i stripped a head while i was changing the spark plug gap, it feels like #6cylinder goes down further... it screws in tightly but it feels like it screws in deeper than the rest..

when i tried to start the car, i saw BLUE SMOKE come from the engine bay. it didn't start obviously and i just stopped.
i tried to restart it today and i got the LOudest backfire! :) which i heard from my mechanic friends that it is probably the coilpack wires going into wrong cylinder/s. so i need to replug the coilpack plugs in different cylinders (i rewired these plugs and now some of them look like same lenghts and i didnt label them)

i see how that could have caused a backfire and that could be my cause for not starting up right... i get a bad feeling about this and even if it is the wrong plugging, how does that explain the BLUE SMOKE??? anyway, thanks for any responses

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well some times oil gets out of the valve covers and in to the valley and then when you take your plug out it a little goes in to the engine. If the plug goes in till its tight I wouldn’t think that it was stripped, also you can get a spark plug tap from any auto zone type store for this problem. Why don't you measure how high all the plugs are and see if there is any difference.
hth
Evan

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's actually a simple but brilliant idea. i will try to measure it tonite and im going to try to restart it.

hopefully you are right about the oil going in a bit....

thanks agian, this is when i really love supraforums.. it's like sea of information and experiences/ideas coming into one!

thanks guys~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts