Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was wondering why no one has stripped their interior to go faster?! It's a random question but I was just wondering? I understand how much power Supra's put out and the 1/4 mile times they put out with full interior, I guess its just I came from vw and they strip their cars dignity away to go faster and now I'm into supra's and they run with full int. ..... why?:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
In my personal experience, a stripped car is gangster for a while.... then the rattles and uglyness piss you the hell off.

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
I guess same question goes for all the other luxury fast super cars... ferraris, lambos, porshes, etc. because thats how WE roll.... WE'RE BALLLERRRSSSS!!!!

On a better note, If you look at a strip car theres no class at all. Theres cars out there that need that extra weight out of there to knock a tenth of a second off their times. Why do supras need to go down to THAT level and get entirely stripped for no reason? We're put on the same class as super cars and I don't think we can de-grade ourselves like that. Thats why supras are so nice and clean and hold its reputation for so long un-like many other imports that need to take everything out and make it ugly. If your goin to strip a car like that... DONT do it to a supra!!! You dont need to!

·
Evil Shenanigans
623 Posts
Because you can get a lot more out of bolt-ons and other mods than you can by dropping 1-200 pounds of weight and turning your car into an uncomfortable, loud, rattle trap.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
I heard loosing 100 lbs. is roughly the as gaining 10 more horsepower. Both will supposedly lower your e.t. in the 1/4 mile about a 10th of a second.

With a Supra, it's just easier to turn the boost up one more pound.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
With a Supra, it's just easier to turn the boost up one more pound.
This is key, too easy to just make more power and you lose lots of comfort when gutting a car out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
if you want to do it, go for it, but stripped interior isn't just about taking a bunch of stuff out if you want it to look halfway decent afterwards and should be done if your willing to drive around with it all the time

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I had the entire interior pulled out I put the driver seat back in and drove around like that for a few days. It's felt faster but that's probably only because it was frickin' loud. Like riding in a metal shell.

And it was ghetto.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
One of titans customers did this, however he uses the car for road-racing more so than drag racing. I know his last trip they where able to take out an additional 100 lbs in un-used parts and sound deading material along with the interior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts