Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 of my exhaust man bolt holes are stripped on the head ..2 are helicoiled alreadys. I've tried lock tight to see if the woud lock in again but epic fail.

My gf recomended gorilla glue !! I laugh... but the shit could be used to put a building back to gether. I've used it befor and its never faild. But for this its in the exhaust system and under gos extream heat, durr, and the way it cures up is like a Really hard foam. Or appears that way. For as stupied as it sounds.. dose anyone think it could hold to the heat? I'm in a deperate need of a fix with out pulling the head and having it machined.

or dose anyone know whats size the studs are ?? i think they might be M8x 1.25 but im not sure .. because if the gule bs wont help i was thinking of going up a bolt size and re-helicoil??

· Registered
355 Posts
Dude, some people should slap you for saying that! Jk. I don't know about the G glue. Number 1 it probably won't hold, just a hunch? Number 2 It's right and right to due it right. If it is turbo then, you might have some problems driving it. If not take the car to a local machine shop and have them helicoil all the bolt holes and walah! BTW: the thread size should all be the same. So, if you have one bolt then, there you go. Peace and Good Luck Solider!

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya slap me i need it for this question wtf was i thinking lol. but did some searching on the glue and its good till about 200F.. yes yes it was a stupied thought at the moment just because of the sight of a helicoil pulling straight out with the stud.

so if im going to fix this im going to do it right......

so heres my new question.. the studs are m10 x 1.25 right ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.