Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented with stroker kits / have one installed? I don't know of anyone who has one and was wondering (and also considering) about getting one. Any setbacks? Need general information.

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only real setback would be the hole in your pocket. The JUN 3.2l kit (200 cc more) cost a whopping 9 grand +. It's not cheap at all. But it's a wonder. In terms of performance I don't really think anyone here can tell. Might as well contact JUN and ask them.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crower makes a 3.4 (compared to JUN's 3.3) for about $3,000 less. Total comes out to around $6,2xx I believe. I hear it can add over 100rwhp in cars that make 750-800rwhp. That's pretty wild!

·
Registered
76 Posts
2JZGTE4LIFE said:
Crower makes a 3.4 (compared to JUN's 3.3) for about $3,000 less. Total comes out to around $6,2xx I believe. I hear it can add over 100rwhp in cars that make 750-800rwhp. That's pretty wild!
From many peoples past experiences, they've said that crower is not capable of actually making them. Most of them who placed their orders actually received notices that crower wasn't making those kits.

BTW I think suprastore made a mistake. JUN's stroker kit is 3.2l not 3.3l

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yep, Crower took the liberty of drawing interest on my money for 4 months before they told me they couldn't do it!

Now we are PUSHING it to get my car ready for TX2K2 with stock displacement parts because they can't make a product they advertise, yet they lead me on for months telling me no prob!

It was great, I suggest everyone send them money to make money on, and in 4 months of false hope, instead of getting a stroker kit you will get your money back!

Super!

-Ethan

F

·
0 Posts
2JZGTE4LIFE said:
Has anyone experimented with stroker kits / have one installed? I don't know of anyone who has one and was wondering (and also considering) about getting one. Any setbacks? Need general information.

Thanks,
Richard
Jun makes one of the best stroker kits out thier. I blieve its a 3.3L not a 3.2 like someone stated. But almost 9k w/o labor. But well worth the money, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It is a 3.2 liter. I almost bought one last week, then we decided just to build two normal motors instead in case we blow one up. Buying all the parts, and another spare motor to build and it was still cheaper than just the stroker kit:)

-Ethan

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Ebanks said:
It is a 3.2 liter. I almost bought one last week, then we decided just to build two normal motors instead in case we blow one up. Buying all the parts, and another spare motor to build and it was still cheaper than just the stroker kit:)

-Ethan
How did Keith ta get a stroker from crower?

F

·
0 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
I dunno bro, you talk alot of trash since you've come on the forums.. Put in your two cents every place you can, I dunno though we'll see in time.

aww, go cry.

Fefe Bag

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy Folks -

I have shopped stroker setups too - I found that Lance down at Toyomota (in Miami) has a kit he has put together himself. It includes aftermarket pistons and rods (JE, coated pistons, don't know about the rods, but I don't think they were Carillo).

He does some work on the stock crank, which he (and I'd be inclinded to believe Lance) says is plenty strong. We talked about several things, so I didn't have time to get too much detail - just wanted to let people know there was another good resource for a stroker setup.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
DT said:
Howdy Folks -

I have shopped stroker setups too - I found that Lance down at Toyomota (in Miami) has a kit he has put together himself. It includes aftermarket pistons and rods (JE, coated pistons, don't know about the rods, but I don't think they were Carillo).

He does some work on the stock crank, which he (and I'd be inclinded to believe Lance) says is plenty strong. We talked about several things, so I didn't have time to get too much detail - just wanted to let people know there was another good resource for a stroker setup.
How much is toyomoto's stroker kit?
I know its +.3 liters , but is that only stroked? You can still bore it our for more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts