Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a strut bar for my car from procarparts.com and fittment was fine until it was time to close the hood.... I cant get the hood latched because the bar itself gets in the way... its horrible. What should i do? Get a mallet or get my money back.

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
A lot of the strut bars around dont have perfect fitment. Either try and get it to fit somehow, or get your money back for a better strut bar that people have on their supra. Good luck man

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
How close does it come to closing? How much clearance is there between the bar and the intake manifold? Do you have the heatshield on the hood still? Did you use anything to clear the intake manifold like a washer, or something that is raising the bar?

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No washers needed . it went right over my intake manifold with stock washers. I still have my heat sheild. Thats what i taught it could be.I had about a inch and a half or more off the intake manifold. It cleared everything dandy and when i try to shut the lid on the baby it was up by like 3 inches.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Yep, sell the strut bar. I can't see how it could clear both, the intake and hood, and clear the intake that well. Normally, guys buy the tt ones and it barely clears the intake mani even with washers, so it seems that you will need an aftermarket hood or you will need to sell that strut bar. Sorry.

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for the input sonic. Ill get on it . Hopefully if i make a big enough fuss they will take it back .

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
is this for a mkiii? On a mkiv, the Cusco strut bar fits like a charm with great clearance and no washers.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Go to the website he posted--fits mkiv. It isn't a big name brand, but looks nice, but yeah, the cusco is better, and I hear the TRD will fit too with minor modifcations (spacers).

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
kevganzon--BTW, did you see that your car was being sold on ebay? There is a thread on it in the mkiv techniqual section.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Im looking to get a front strut bar but unsure wich ones will fit.

You said the cusco fits and the TRD needs washers. Is that it? (as far a modifications go)

I have a veilside hood and will that change anything (clearance)?

Who has a strut bar on their NA and which one?

Sorry for all the questions

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
I would search because there are pictures and answers already out there. If you find a dead end and need pics, let me know via pm.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
my cusco is perfect fitment, should of gotten that

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Cusco bars fit on an NA without mods?

·
jake's love of his life
7 Posts
Yeah we fixed it, lol just needed to be flattened out a bit lol. So i held the bar while phast supra (jake) drove over it. lol fits like a charm

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have a Cusco Front strut bar on my NA.

I was able to install it, without needed the factory spacer plates at all. Clears everywhere fine.

I did need to remove the shield for the dashpot/throttle arm in front of the throttle body. 2 screws and it fit perfect.

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
i have a STB on my car but sure on the brand...let me run out and check it...

edit: ok i guess that was worthless...no idea what brand it is at all lol came with the car and has no markings what so ever...its got black mounting brackets and has a dull silver bar...looks very stock IMO...so idk it does clear the manifold just by like half an inch or so and i think the hood *just* hits it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts