Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this is a good buy on, ebay there is a strut bar that goes on the front top shocks.its for the 86-92 and the guy says it fits the TEMS unit also but you have to remove the top caps to install.is this a good thing to do.Its buy now price is $11.50

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
11.50 ? :wtf: is it made out of plastic.. ?

Buy one that made buy a real company( HKS, Greddy)..maybe i could be wrong but there are alot of ghetto parts for sale on ebay..

Whats the link ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it did sound kind of cheep.I would put the picture on here but dont know how.but "supposed" to be made of polished light weight aluminum with steel mounts.

·
Registered
972 Posts
yeah.. i got one of the cheapo fronts...

the cheaper rears are JUST like the cusco ones..

the fronts are a differant design but do work. I noticed a differance atleast.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was alo another thing i was thinking about if i did buy it,but if worst comes to worse i could alwasys sell it back on ebay.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
I have a cheapo $10 MKIV strut bar on my targa...noticed as big a difference as the heavy ass TRD bar...and didn't cost near as much. Between the struts isn't a high stress area on the MKIII...especially on a targa...

·
Registered
288 Posts
You should go with the cheapest option.
Strut bars do stuff all for our handling.
Theres a huge thread by Sdude on this,
He has done extensive testing and on a fully independant double wishbone suspension strut bars don't do anything for the suspension geometry.
Most people feel the placebo effect more than anything,
and then theres always the Bling Bling factor of having a bar running across your engine bay when you pop the bonnet ;)

The only thing they might do is add a bit of chassis rigidity, which you can be achieved in more efficient and cheaper ways.

Do a search on foam filling the chassis. --> cheap and effective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts