Supra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have seen MK3's with them back out of driveways at an angle with a wheel in the air, for what that's worth. If you can afford the one you want I say go for it.
well that would have nothing to do with strut bars, it would be sway bars if anything that would make a car 3 wheel, in combination with other suspension mods, but strut bar wont make the car 3 wheel

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's usually coilovers with most of the travel adjusted out that can get a tire off the ground easily. Not strut tower bars and not sway bars.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
^ Beat me to it.

The 3 wheeling has everything to do with stiff suspension and swaybars and nothing with strut bars. The name "strut bar" should be the first key to this delema.

Also, most of them have hinges. How would that add to stiffness? lol Just something to think about.

·
Registered
383 Posts
IMO there is no diff between an off brand ebay strut tower bar that costs 25 bucks as opposed to a 300 dollar cusco bar. your paying for the name, they both do the same shit, trust me..... this is coming from a prior honda fanatic that spent 350 on a spoon strut tower bar for my rsx when my friend had an ebay one perform EXACTLY the same.... get ready for it....... begin the honda bashing lol

·
4,623 Posts
IMO there is no diff between an off brand ebay strut tower bar that costs 25 bucks as opposed to a 300 dollar cusco bar. your paying for the name, they both do the same shit, trust me..... this is coming from a prior honda fanatic that spent 350 on a spoon strut tower bar for my rsx when my friend had an ebay one perform EXACTLY the same.... get ready for it....... begin the honda bashing lol
RSX is not a Double Wishbone Vehicle.

And yep on the supra a 1 dollar or 5000 dollar strut bar does nothing but make your wallet lighter and car heavier.

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
i bought one on ebay for $15, and its just fine...

·
Registered
21 Posts
How are the strut bars any different than something like the Do-Luck "rear cross bar" that seems to get much love. does it not add to the stiffness of the chassis? Obviously the hinged ones will do less than a hard bar, but I would think it would still do something...maybe I am wrong...

·
7M PWR!
248 Posts
i have a megan racing strut bar that i bought used. seems ok to me on my targa supra...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts