Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just find out TRD won't work with Veilside Hood. Can I use Cusco brace then?:D
Or, any other choice do I have?

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can trim the bottom of the hood...there is a brace that runs horizontally across. You wont have problems after that. Veilside also has a sturt brace that is thinner than the TRD, and will clear with the hood. I think the Cusco is similar to the Veilside one and will fit as well.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to cut the whole center cross section out and I don't want to do that.:D And, new Cusco CF one look really good.:D
Does anyone run Cusco with Veilside hood? May be I should just get the Veilside one?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Noooo! :(

That was the combo I wanted to get when I go BPU... how did you find out that the two don't work together? Damn.

The TRD strut tower brace is the only one i've seen with rigid ends (vs. those with ends that sway)... that's what attracted me to it... damn.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can still get it. if you don't mind cutting the center part out but then there's no support on hood.......:(

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Turns out that Steve Theodore has this combination and it fits just fine.

Who told you that it didn't fit?

Good news for me and you. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh? I found out myself. Hood doesn't close with TRD strut.
Or, are you talking about Cusco strut with Veilside hood?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
hsk73 said:
Huh? I found out myself. Hood doesn't close with TRD strut.
Or, are you talking about Cusco strut with Veilside hood?
Odd. Steve Theodore has the TRD strut tower brace and the Veilside hood and it fits fine for him.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hsk73 said:
Well, just find out TRD won't work with Veilside Hood. Can I use Cusco brace then?:D
Or, any other choice do I have?
you should be able to... the things so low it nearly rubs the engine...

Rob~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts