Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dusty,

I see the following for the MkIV NA on your website:
1) Do-Luck Floor Support Bars for 1993-98 Supra - Aluminum
2) Do-Luck Floor Support Bars for 1993-98 Supra - Steel
3) Do-Luck Rear Cross Bar for 1993-98 Supra
4) Do-Luck Strut Tower Bar for 1993-98 Supra - Rear
5) Cusco Strut Tower Bar for 1993-98 Supra - Rear - Aluminum

What item (or combination of items) would acheive the best control of body flex with the targa off? Also... how difficult (lead time) are the Do-Luck bars to get?

Thanks,
Nate :)

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
If its my car and I want the best chassis control I'm installing:

2) Do-Luck Rear Cross Bar for 1993-98 Supra
3) Do-Luck Strut Tower Bar for 1993-98 Supra - Rear

Some of the Do-Luck parts take a bit to get, we ALWAYS have them on backorder. Some of them are in stock and ready to ship, just depends on when you order. May be 3-8 weeks to get some of the parts, while others I can have to you in a week or so.

Thanks!

Dusty

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dusty.

Would that be your 1-2-3 priority ranking also? I'm most intrigued by the cross bar since it seems most easily installed. Is that piece one of the ~1 or ~8 week parts? Unfortunately... right now I'm in an "instant" gratification frame of mind. :)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
If you remove your targa often I would rate the rear cross bar #1.

If you rarely or never remove your top I would rate the floor support bars #1.

I just tried Do Luck USA's phone - no luck getting them to answer. So until I can get them on the phone (which is VERY difficult) I can not tell you if its in stock or not, sorry.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info, Dusty.
I've got some thinkin' to do! ;)

Nate

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Mk4ForMe said:
Hi Dusty,

I see the following for the MkIV NA on your website:
2) Do-Luck Floor Support Bars for 1993-98 Supra - Steel
3) Do-Luck Rear Cross Bar for 1993-98 Supra
4) Do-Luck Strut Tower Bar for 1993-98 Supra - Rear
5) Cusco Strut Tower Bar for 1993-98 Supra - Rear - Aluminum

What item (or combination of items) would acheive the best control of body flex with the targa off? Also... how difficult (lead time) are the Do-Luck bars to get?

Thanks,
Nate :)
ive been looking for all kinda of chassis support bars but havent found a good site for them yet. can u tell me which site i can find good quality bars for the mkiv?

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
itsings said:
awsome man, thanks alot, one question tho. the front strut bar by Cusco doesnt specify if it will fit TT or NA. my supra is NA will this one fit it?

There are no front strut tower bars that clear the N/A Supra's intake manifold, unless you grind on either the bar or the manifold.

Please see our N/A Supra section. I spent 2 weeks of late night hours building that section which specifically list every part that does fit the your Supra. If it is not listed then it does not fit, and you will notice that we do not list front strut tower bars. Again you CAN make them fit, but only with modifications and we can not "guarantee" their fitment.

Joe linked you to the TT suspension section. Since you have a Non-Turbo I would advise you click on everything from this link:
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/supramkivna.shtml

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Oops...sorry....ma-bad. I didn't think that there was as much difference in the suspensions but I can see how the NA model's upper plenum can be an issue with the strut bar.

Hey Dusty, I think Carbing makes a front strut bar for the NA. Its on the bottom of this page.

http://www.okuyama-go.to/products/strut/toyota_02.html#supreme_01

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
carchitect said:
Oops...sorry....ma-bad. I didn't think that there was as much difference in the suspensions but I can see how the NA model's upper plenum can be an issue with the strut bar.

Hey Dusty, I think Carbing makes a front strut bar for the NA. Its on the bottom of this page.

http://www.okuyama-go.to/products/strut/toyota_02.html#supreme_01

canj anyone local get this? more specifically mvpmotorsports? i dont wanna buy from japan.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I am trying to establish a new relationship with Carbing. When I do, I will ask about the N/A bar. I will also order several front & rear bars for the TT. Of course the rear TT bar also fits the N/A.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
V8 Killer said:
I am trying to establish a new relationship with Carbing. When I do, I will ask about the N/A bar. I will also order several front & rear bars for the TT. Of course the rear TT bar also fits the N/A.

Thanks,

Dusty
sounds great, keep us posted because i know there would be lots of NA guys looking to get the bar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts