Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... so after digging into the all the threads.. I see that most people either use the s2k or shark II antenna for their stubby conversion...

My question is that... is there any mod out there that allow us to use the oem base with the screw on type stubby antenna?? I saw a video on youtube that the dude pretty much cut the antenna down to like the last segment of the metal and used a vice grip and force the screw into the hole and then screw on his antenna...

I'm asking because I can't seem to find any s2k or shark ii antenna anymore...

any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh that was the thread i read through... I checked lo customs but they were all sold out..and i can't find any s2k ones either..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I didn't use either of those. I went into the chrome OEM antenna and was able to lock my antenna down so it does not go up or down. Some would say hey you need to replace that I'm like it still works fine and stays low profile so I'm good. I screwed it counter clockwise and that seemed to lock it down. Good luck and hope you get what you need.

-Matt

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
I didn't use either of those. I went into the chrome OEM antenna and was able to lock my antenna down so it does not go up or down. Some would say hey you need to replace that I'm like it still works fine and stays low profile so I'm good. I screwed it counter clockwise and that seemed to lock it down. Good luck and hope you get what you need.

-Matt
Exactly what I did. it works great still and looks good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you pretty much cut off the top segments of the oem metal piece... like down enough to where the hole is big enough for the screw to be screwed in? and then you screw on the stubby antenna??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts