Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jessica Alba.. mmmmmm....
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the o2 sensors on my pop's RX300 went bad and he was wondering if it would still be OK to drive home evel though the CEL is on. And suggestions?

·
Reppin' da 902
145 Posts
I've had a CEL on in my car for the longest time for a secondary o2 that I'm too friggin cheap/lazy to replace the only thing I've noticed is that it's a little harder on gas than normal. With it being made by Toyota I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
well first of all I'd say have you pulled a code to know thats why the CEL is on? and if it is an o2 fault then yeah your fine most likely will just run rich and use up some gas 200 miles is no biggie. Long term could burn up cat fill everything with carbon deposits but that would be thousands of miles.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yeah, you are cool if u r sure it is just the o2 sensor...
I think your car has like 10,000 O2 sensors so I am sure one might be able to pick up the slack.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Car will go into limp home mode more than likely. It'll just be pig rich. It wouldn't suprise me to see less than 15mpg out of that vehicle on the ride home.

·
Registered
205 Posts
doubtful this will trip the car into a full limp home mode just won't be able to run in closed loop so yeah it'll run pretty rich but shouldn't cause any long term damage at all.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Lexus will drive fine. Limp mode is rich; but its not as super rich as everyone is describing. You can drive a Lexus into the dirt and it will still run. Don't worry about it, but replace the O2 sensor soon enough.

I ran my SC300 on limp mode on purpose when it was turbocharged because it ran a little extra rich and less timing. He'll be fine and it won't damage a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts