Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Reppin' da 902
405 Posts
I've had a CEL on in my car for the longest time for a secondary o2 that I'm too friggin cheap/lazy to replace the only thing I've noticed is that it's a little harder on gas than normal. With it being made by Toyota I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

· Registered
279 Posts
well first of all I'd say have you pulled a code to know thats why the CEL is on? and if it is an o2 fault then yeah your fine most likely will just run rich and use up some gas 200 miles is no biggie. Long term could burn up cat fill everything with carbon deposits but that would be thousands of miles.

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Yeah, you are cool if u r sure it is just the o2 sensor...
I think your car has like 10,000 O2 sensors so I am sure one might be able to pick up the slack.

· Thinking Person
4,450 Posts
Lexus will drive fine. Limp mode is rich; but its not as super rich as everyone is describing. You can drive a Lexus into the dirt and it will still run. Don't worry about it, but replace the O2 sensor soon enough.

I ran my SC300 on limp mode on purpose when it was turbocharged because it ran a little extra rich and less timing. He'll be fine and it won't damage a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.