Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had one of the ebay HKS clone wastegates go bad? Today, after boosting my truck for the first time, I'm now venting out the wastegate all the time. I guess the valve in the wastegate is stuck open or something. I've tried emailing SSautocrap several times in the past about other issues and never got a response so I'm probably wasting my time complaining to them. Is there an easy resolution to this or do I need to buy another wastegate? Can they be torn down and rebuilt? By the way, I only saw 8 lbs. of boost and it broke my monster rear tires (16" wide) loose going into second. I can't wait to see what 30 lbs feels like :)

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
good to see you boosted your truck. i have zero experience from the ebay wastegates but have seen a simillar gate. i believe they can be taken apart and rebuilt. i personally would just go with a tial and not have to worry about the wg failing.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
im sure you have spent lots of money on your truck, why cheap out and use a wastegate that your not sure works any better than a styrofoam cup? i would just get a new wastegate and sleep rest assured at night knowing your wastegate will work the next day. i really wana see what your truck can do so hurry up and get a new wastegate and crank the dang boost up!!!

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
im sure you have spent lots of money on your truck, why cheap out and use a wastegate that your not sure works any better than a styrofoam cup? i would just get a new wastegate and sleep rest assured at night knowing your wastegate will work the next day. i really wana see what your truck can do so hurry up and get a new wastegate and crank the dang boost up!!!
Normally I wouldn't have went the "cheap" route but until now I hadn't heard anything negative about this wastegate. Everything I had read said that it appeared to be identical to the HKS unit. I'm going to take it apart tomorrow to see if I can see any problems. If not, I'll probably get another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts