Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like an idiot for asking this but I've got to do it. If you have the aem standalone you don't need an aftermarket wideband right? The aem will control your a/f ratio and you will just need a good a/f gauge...... am I right or 100% wrong sorry for the stupid post.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Dont worry dude. Not a stupid question. If you use the AEM standalone for the MkIV's, you DO need a wideband controller. You then wire the 5v linear output of the controller to one of the WBo2 inputs on the AEM, set the sensor calibration values in the AEM software, then you are good to go.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
You need an 02 sensor connected to the AEM if you want any kind of 02 FB control. The reality is you want a wideband 02 connected so you can control it over a wide range. Generally you get something like the AEM wideband gauge and feed the output of the gauge into the AEM EMS. HTH

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok just wondering. Trying to plan out this single swap spending alot of time reading up on everything. Aem has a wideband controller I think it's called the eugo I'm assuming that would work and should be easy to set up since it's also aem. Let me try to find the link.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Yes. AEM has an wideband O2 called the AEM UEGO. I have used quite a few of them. I little picky about their power/ground source. I run the power/ground to the battery through a relay

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a better wideband you would reccommend to run with the aem ems? I'm guessing FJO..... that seems to be the standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts