Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this topic has been beaten to death...I've done MBC installs to numerous turbocars, but after some searching & reading here, it got me confused....Can someone confirm if I'm installing it correctly? or this there a vacuum "T" I gotta put in somewhere? Sorry for the big images...

Overall diagram?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
What is the problem? You run the compressor-out to the inlet of the controller and the output goes to the wastgate can. I have little idea how to plumb your specific MBC but that's the way it's hooked up on a Supra. BTW, nice photos and presentation.

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
Does that work for you?

I cap the actuator port that you have your MBC line currently connected to. I use the upper port instead. All the boost controller installs I've seen do it this way, but I'd be curious to see if your method works as well...

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^^I agree with the above, I have only seen the MBC installs capping the lower portion of the brass actuator, and intercepting the top line. The brass wastegate actuator is getting pressure from the turbo, the MBC is bleeding off a certain amount of pressure (thus boost control) but if you do not have ANY pressure going to that actuator from the turbo, what is the MBC on the bottom going to bleed off, wont it be at max boost all the time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts