Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to sound stupid, but bear with me here.

Do I need to have an INLINE FILTER such as a Paxton or SX if I am using 2 in-tank pumps with filters (Supra and Walbro), or are the filters in the tank good enough?? I want a T78 kit and am trying to get my fuel in order, but I am also working with a rigged up fuel system from the previous owner. He was running NOS and thought he needed a -10AN fuel line at BPU + NOS??? Dont ask me! So right now I have 1 Supra pump in the tank with custom fitting -10 coming out of the tank. It then runs up to the front of the car and into a Paxton or SX filter. Comes out of the filter as -6 and custom tapped into the factory fuel rail. Then out of the fuel rail with -6 and into an SX Regulator. Finally back through the factory return.

I want to:
- add Walbro in tank
- eliminate inline Paxton/SX Filter if possible
- in place of Paxton/SX Filter, split the -10 into two -6 and go directly into a Sound Performance DFFR
- center return from rail with -6 into Regulator
- factory return

IS THIS OK????? Please give me input. Thanks in advance. Peace!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There are lots of ways to do this that will work, but if you really want to feed the rail on both ends I would split into two -6 right after the filter. Leave the -10 since it's already there and not hurting anything. I would not eliminate the filter. I'm pretty sure the filters on the pumps do not filter down to the micron level of the aftermarket filter. The pump filters protect the pumps and the other fiter the injectors. If you are going as far as needing to feed the rail with two lines I would upgrade the stock return to -6.

I'm going to use two pumps, -8 up, aeromotive filter, feed the rail on one end, out to an aeromotive fpr, and use the stock feed line as the return. I've been told the stock feed is almost -6 in size and the stock return a little smaller.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But...

Thanks for the info, but that makes me wonder. I always heard that you can only flow as much as the smallest part of the system, meaning that coming out of the Filter is a -6, so all the other lines (-10) dont matter because they have to be pushed through that -6. Is this correct? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
What you'll need is a Y connector after the filter. I bet the filter has -10 fittings. So you'll need a -10 Y. Then you'll need to reduce the -10 to -6 to connect the to feed lines to the rail. Probably a female to female -10 to -8 reducer, them a -8 to -6 male to male. At this point you are feeding dual -6 from the big -10. Volume flow should be vary similar with no restriction. I know what you are saying about restictions from the smallest part. That's why I wouldn't use the factory return. You have a serious amount of flow capability on the feed side but I don't think the factory return quite matches.

You could still follow your original idea to get rid of the -10 but it would probably be more expensive. You would need a lot of -6 line and double the number of fittings. Plus two filters. Also the hassle of running the two lines into the tank. I would continue to use the -10 since it's already ran as long as who ever put it in did a good job.

Only thing I'm not sure of is finding a -10 Y. Can't remember seeinng one when I was buying my fittings. Possibly NOS makes a -10 Y.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant thank you enough!

I really appreciate the help! I think I'll have to get my butt under the car and find out if both sides of the Filter are -10 capable because right now, the side feeding the rail is -6. So maybe it is a fitting on the filter or he reduced it or something. If its a fitting on the filter, maybe I can swap the fitting for a -10 fitting. Then I will look for a Y-connector. If you ever happen to run across somewhere that has one, please let me know who it is. The person did do a pretty good job tapping in the -10 to the the pump housing, so I would like to keep it if possible, just as you said, to save time and money. Thanks again for your help!! Peace!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts