Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to sound stupid, but bear with me here.

Do I need to have an INLINE FILTER such as a Paxton or SX if I am using 2 in-tank pumps with filters (Supra and Walbro), or are the filters in the tank good enough?? I want a T78 kit and am trying to get my fuel in order, but I am also working with a rigged up fuel system from the previous owner. He was running NOS and thought he needed a -10AN fuel line at BPU + NOS??? Dont ask me! So right now I have 1 Supra pump in the tank with custom fitting -10 coming out of the tank. It then runs up to the front of the car and into a Paxton or SX filter. Comes out of the filter as -6 and custom tapped into the factory fuel rail. Then out of the fuel rail with -6 and into an SX Regulator. Finally back through the factory return.

I want to:
- add Walbro in tank
- eliminate inline Paxton/SX Filter if possible
- in place of Paxton/SX Filter, split the -10 into two -6 and go directly into a Sound Performance DFFR
- center return from rail with -6 into Regulator
- factory return

IS THIS OK????? Please give me input. Thanks in advance. Peace!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But...

Thanks for the info, but that makes me wonder. I always heard that you can only flow as much as the smallest part of the system, meaning that coming out of the Filter is a -6, so all the other lines (-10) dont matter because they have to be pushed through that -6. Is this correct? Thanks again!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant thank you enough!

I really appreciate the help! I think I'll have to get my butt under the car and find out if both sides of the Filter are -10 capable because right now, the side feeding the rail is -6. So maybe it is a fitting on the filter or he reduced it or something. If its a fitting on the filter, maybe I can swap the fitting for a -10 fitting. Then I will look for a Y-connector. If you ever happen to run across somewhere that has one, please let me know who it is. The person did do a pretty good job tapping in the -10 to the the pump housing, so I would like to keep it if possible, just as you said, to save time and money. Thanks again for your help!! Peace!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.