Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ermm this may sound really stupid

well today i got home and decided to check up on the supra (no brakes). i put in the key and...nothing nothing nothing.

i dont know how the hell the battery drained or watever cuz the doors were closed. theres no lights, no power locks, no accessory, no voltage indicator, nothing. i guess im gonna have to give it a jump, but do u have any ideas (other than battery drained) :dunno:

·
Registered
54 Posts
did ur stock alarm go off? if the alarm went off then u wouldn't have any power...if thats the case then try locking the car and unlocking with the key.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
How long did you let it sit? were the cables connected? Batteries tend to drain when they are left out in the cold and if the cables are connected... aight peace :run:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the alarm went off although im not even sure if it still works (ive never heard it go off)

the door was unlocked, but it was closed, and i live in miami, so it never gets cold. the cables were connected. i think the last time i started it was around 1-1 1/2 months ago.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
if you had an older battery it could have gone dead in that time

Just simple drains like the clock and ECU mem run them down and sitting tends to cause a lose of charge....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dam...its a new battery arghhh whyyy whyyy...!!?!??

whats the best way to try to "revive it" srry i dont know much about cars...im still dont have my full liscence :p

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
you can try just jump starting the car and see if that will start it.... if the battery is totally dead you might have to charge it for a while with a battery charger... or buy a new one

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Welcome to my world! Every time the engine isnt running, I have to disconnect my negative terminal...the battery is brand new and just fine, theres just something taking up my power!11

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
take it back to the store and exchange for a new one.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
scrap yard, pull a battery from a new smashed car, only like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
take a fluke and put it to the battery....then go to each fuse and start taking it out one by one. one you take one out and it indicates the voltage is not going down anymore...find the problem then...or go to a shop and have them diagnos it. it should be cheap. you dont want to keep having to deal with this problem or buy a new battery every month do you? dont think so. good luck

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
SuprAng said:
scrap yard, pull a battery from a new smashed car, only like 20 bucks.
you have scarpyards that leave the batteries in the cars? :scratch: i guess its just here...they remove ALL the batteries...

anyways as for the power lose when the car isnt running...

its called a parasitic drain. something is draining power from the battery while the car is off and sitting...if you have an aftermarket alarm and leave it armed for a few days and come back...the battery will be low on juice.....its basically the same concept here... you simply have something draining power.....

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
IdealSupra said:
its called a parasitic drain. something is draining power from the battery while the car is off and sitting...if you have an aftermarket alarm and leave it armed for a few days and come back...the battery will be low on juice.....its basically the same concept here... you simply have something draining power.....
Yup...like I said, this is whats happening to me. I assumed that it was my EBC and/or my Turbo Timer, but I dont think its them because both are disconnected right now, and I get a jump from the negative terminal to the battery when its being (dis)connected.

My only idea is the power driver's seat. Recently I had seen an occasion where this happened to someone's seat...I cant remember any more right now though..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts