Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen some incarnations of threads like this but I thought I would make a strictly thread about stuff that was said to us while we were out in our Supras.

Ill start

"Oh wow a supra, cool. Oh its an automatic, man thats worthless its not a proper transmission. The six speed is faster in it in the 1/4"

"Is that a Crolla"

"Wait you want HOW much for it ??! Its just a Toyota. Its not like its an NSX or something"

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
446 Posts
How much did you pay?

Me: 48

4,800$ you got robbed man. I bought mine for 2,500$

Me: we are talking about a supra right ?

Ya, mines got 900 hp

Me : walking away before I explode on the kid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ha, mines an automatic AND I'm a girl. People always ask, "Do you know what this car is?" And "Too bad it's an automatic.". I tend to give extremely snarky replies.

·
Registered
439 Posts
How about "Is it fast?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea that's gotta be close to the top of questions I get or have been asked.
Does it have NOS
Do you want to sell it
What did you pay for it.
My buddy or a friend of a friend that knows a guy with one and it has 1000hp or more and it would smoke your supra.
Do you know what you have.

I can keep going but it's safe to say a lot of us have experienced similar questions.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Does it have a 2jz? or you know you can make you car really fast with a supercharger. My reply is, really. I did not know that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
After they get over the disappointment that I removed the amazing stock twin turbos for a inferior single turbo they usually proclaim how huge my 6466 is.So depending on how much time I have - I usually tell them a little about the car and what people usually use to make power. No need to be condescending.

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
"What are the pros and cons of bagging a Supra?"
"How much does it cost to upgrade an NA auto to a TT 6-spd?"

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
" You overpaid for your LHD when you can get the same car for half the price (RHD)". I hear this all the time.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much did you pay?

Me: 48

4,800$ you got robbed man. I bought mine for 2,500$

Me: we are talking about a supra right ?

Ya, mines got 900 hp

Me : walking away before I explode on the kid.
es
I want to do the same thing to idiots who tell me that the Supra is just a Toyota.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha, mines an automatic AND I'm a girl. People always ask, "Do you know what this car is?" And "Too bad it's an automatic.". I tend to give extremely snarky replies.

the Too bad it is an automatic one gets me the most. Seriously these fools act as if automatics are just put into gear and drive. Their idiot response of "yeah its the same" when I ask them if they think they can handle a 40000bhp top fuel funny car which has automatic transmissions or a pro outlaw race car is "yeah its the same thats why they are so slow"

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,462 Posts
Your BPU Automatic is literally put into gear and drive. What am I missing here? You just sound butthurt over the fact that you don't have a 6spd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've heard a few times the phrase: "does it have the 2jz?"
I respond, in a polite tone: "yeah, it's the turbo" as to not sound condescending or wanting to explain the difference between the GE and GTE, as they may or may not know the difference.
Mostly people just ask to look at it or take a picture.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your BPU Automatic is literally put into gear and drive. What am I missing here? You just sound butthurt over the fact that you don't have a 6spd.
no just annoyed that people think this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=aut...hWIMyYKHXQQA5kQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=WnZbGnfZBOpzXM:

Is the same thing as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_oNssFdsBg

What you are missing the fact that our cars regardless if they are automatic or six speed are not simply mere daily drivers, they require one to be alert and ready. In other words they bite.

and Butthurt over the fact I do not own a six speed? LMFAO yes I want to be lumped into the drag race from a roll, and dynoqueen category =P Sorry but if I want to do 1/4 I'm going to do it the right way, with a PROPER drag transmission.

·
The Great Beast 666
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've heard a few times the phrase: "does it have the 2jz?"
I respond, in a polite tone: "yeah, it's the turbo" as to not sound condescending or wanting to explain the difference between the GE and GTE, as they may or may not know the difference.
Mostly people just ask to look at it or take a picture.
you should of responded by saying: "hold on let me look" pop the hood and say "2jz no shit" XD lol

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,462 Posts
Yes they can be (and regularly are) used as daily drivers. So yes, your automatic BPU Supra is more related to the Camry than the 8 second full drag Cuda you posted a video of. Yes we on this forum hold these cars in high regard and on a pedestal so-to-speak and I'm guilty of that as well but for fucks sake ill be the first to admit yes the car is just a Toyota (a badass one at that) and I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive it across the country just like I would in that Camry, but I would never consider it in that Cuda. Yes Supras are super awesome cars, I've owned three and the one in my garage now was my first that I bought ten years ago (as a TT automatic btw) and will stay with me until the day I die and I treasure it more than anything else that I own but shit man it's just a toyota and I'm perfectly ok with that. Actually proud. If shit people say about your car bothers you that much then maybe you have other issues.

Reactions: 95MKIVTT

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I normally get the "Wanna race?" "How much power bro?" "My cousins uncles buddies girlfriends fiancees monkey has one" "DOOD my buddies srt4 beats these things ALLL the time."

I normally just smile, nod, answer any questions, and play along with the shit talking of how much their buddies car can beat it. Not really into the car game for all the drama that being an asshole because of a few question brings. Just answer them, and move on is all you really have to do.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts